Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
paranini
paranini began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Is there still no way to export notes from the Nook Glowlight without rooting?

I have researched this issue exhaustively online and have had little success finding a way to export highlights and notes. But most of the posts I've seen about the issue are fairly old so I was wondering if anyone has found the secret since then?

Also, if there is no solution and I do have to root my nook Glowlight, is there any way to preserve the highlights and notes I have currently?

Thanks!
paranini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:10 PM   #2
Logcat
Logcat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Hello paranini,

I don't know if you've found a solution yet since posting, but I just recently figured things out myself, so thought I'd share.

What specific Glowlight do you have?

I have a Glowlight 3, and finally figured out where the annotations are stored.

First, according to another member of these forums, the Nook Simple Touch stores its annotations and highlights here: /data/data/com.bn.nook.reader.activities/databases/annotations.db
(Source: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...38&postcount=2)

I found that on the Nook Glowlight 3, that database is stored here:
/data/data/bn.ereader/databases/annotations.db

Second, you do have to be root to see this database file. Also, you cannot simply pull the file from its location on the device (at least not on GL3). You have to copy the database file to a more "user friendly" folder on the device, and then you can pull the database from there to your computer.

Third, once you've got the database backed up to your computer, you can use a program of your choice to open the database. However, I found that my notes were out of context (of course).

My next step is to see if the GL3 keeps a similar database of books on the device. If so, I would then see it it's possible to cross-reference or combine the databases somehow, so I can see which notes/highlights came from which books.

Always proceed with caution, of course. I am a newbie at this. But, in my particular experience, rooting my Nook Glowlight 3 did not interfere with my highlights and notes. They were all still there after rooting.
Logcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert