Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
gairmscoile
gairmscoile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Images disappearing from eBook when transferred to Kindle

I added an epub book to Calibre on my Mac. I converted it to a mobi file in order to send it my Kindle via email. When I open either the epub or the mobi file on my Mac (via the E-book Viewer app, which I think is part of Calibre) the images that the book includes are displayed in-line with the book's text. However, when I send the book (I guess the mobi version) to my Kindle via email, the images do not appear on my Kindle.

Any ideas how I might go about fixing this?
gairmscoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What format are the IMAGES.
Mobi does not allow the wide range of Image formats that EPUB does.
USB (vs mailing) allows AZW3 and other formats

(I am joining others, that are just plain tired of Amazon adding more height to the Wall around their garden. Convenience, not sole source lock in, should be the reason to want to shop there)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Mobi should be regarded as a quaint archeological artifact. Don't use it. Use azw3.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
gairmscoile

Converting to azw3 and transferring via USB fixed the issue. Thank you so much, @theducks and @lumpynose! I was converting to mobi as it was the default option when I transferred via email, which I was doing for convenience; but transferring by USB isn't really that much of a hassle so I'll do that in future, and always convert to azw3. Thanks again!!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gairmscoile View Post
Converting to azw3 and transferring via USB fixed the issue. Thank you so much, @theducks and @lumpynose! I was converting to mobi as it was the default option when I transferred via email, which I was doing for convenience; but transferring by USB isn't really that much of a hassle so I'll do that in future, and always convert to azw3. Thanks again!!
Preferences: Behavoir: Preferred Output: <Set this to what you want the default (on-the-fly) conversion to be>
In most cases, the delay when using Send to device is under a minute per book if the format does not exist.

Move AZW3 above Mobi, PRC in the device (formats) configuration
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
gairmscoile

Thank you! I'd found the first setting already and changed it to what you recommend, and I've now done the same in the device config. Thanks again!!

Tags
conversion from epub, image, image & text, kinde