Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
New Qt drivers for Kobo Aura H2O

Hi!

As far as I know, my applications (Launcher, CoolReader, chess, etc) are not working with the new Kobo Aura H2O. So, I've created this thread to investigate and find the fix.

I have no Aura H2O, so you help is very appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Sergey, In https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=529 tshering says, "I guess, one solution could be that sergeyvl12 provides a new touch driver. However, I have no idea whether he is working on this."
If you want to do this, and I can be of any help (I have an H2O), please let me know.
jlynton, please provide what exactly is not working.

Also I need to know, do you have an experience in connecting to Kobo through SSH? I know that you had Kobo Glo. If so, I'm sure that we'll find the solution soon.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-11-2014 at 07:13 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
No, I haven't, but it seems that Frenzie, in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=530 has. In that thread he provides a good deal of information.

I installed pbchess, and got to the launcher, which looked fine but did not respond to any input, though I was able to sleep and wake it again with the power button.

I also tried advboot, which got me to the file browser of koreader, but that was unresponsive too, power button not working either.

Then I tried KSM, which was upside-down and unresponsive. I had to reset.

Last edited by jlynton; 10-11-2014 at 10:15 AM.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
No, I haven't, but it seems that Frenzie, in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=530 has. In that thread he provides a good deal of information.

I installed pbchess, and got to the launcher, which looked fine but did not respond to any input, though I was able to sleep and wake it again with the power button.

I also tried advboot, which got me to the file browser of koreader, but that was unresponsive too, power button not working either.

Then I tried KSM, which was upside-down and unresponsive. I had to reset.
Thanks!

WIth this information I'll try to implement new Qt touchscreen driver for H2O tomorrow.

I also need this model name. E.g. AURAHD=dragon, AURA=phoenix, AURAH2O=???
Old 10-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I reckon it's dahlia? [Edit: I just remembered tshering was already aware of that when he pointed toward a fix for the screen rotation.]

Code:
# cat /bin/kobo_config.sh 
#!/bin/sh
PCB=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB`
case $PCB in
        E60610D*) echo trilogy;;
        E60QB*) echo kraken;;
        E606B*) echo kraken;;
        E5061*) echo pixie;;
        E606C*) echo dragon;;
        E606G*) echo dahlia;;
        E606F*) echo phoenix;;
        *) echo trilogy;;
esac
Code:
# ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB
E606G0
Code:
# /bin/kobo_config.sh 
dahlia

Last edited by Frenzie; 10-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Thanks, Frenzie.

That's everything that I need.
Advert
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazing!

Btw, I guess I'm looking in the wrong spot or something, but I can't seem to find any reference to such code names in the sources posted here?
Old 10-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Amazing!

Btw, I guess I'm looking in the wrong spot or something, but I can't seem to find any reference to such code names in the sources posted here?
pbchess-1.2.6.42_kobo.zip: setvars.sh
Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Ah, I'd assumed everything would be in the source tarballs. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Thanks!

WIth this information I'll try to implement new Qt touchscreen driver for H2O tomorrow.
Have you been able to do this? I am available for testing.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #10
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Thanks, Frenzie.

That's everything that I need.
Hello:

More than willing to test the new Coolreader driver for H2O. Thanks and your work is appreciated.

Shunter
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #11
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
test: Qt touch driver

I do not have kobo H2O.
but using this post, I changed qt touch driver.

who want to test,

copy file libKoboTS.so to folder:

#kobolauncher
/.kobo/vlasovsoft/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/

and or

#Kobo Start Menu
/.kobo/kbmenu/Qt/plugins/mousedrivers/

note: compatible with kobo glo (original and multitouch).

New Version

use at your own risk
Attached Files
File Type: zip Qt-touch.zip (9.0 KB, 544 views)

Last edited by Cecell3000; 12-03-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
I do not have kobo H2O.

who want to test,

#kobolauncher

and or

#Kobo Start Menu

use at your own risk
Thank you Cecell3000! Just would like to mention that it is compatible with Kobo Touch too. Is there any chance you post the source?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #13
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you Cecell3000! Just would like to mention that it is compatible with Kobo Touch too. Is there any chance you post the source?
yes, here the source.
Attached Files
File Type: zip QT-touch-source.zip (3.0 KB, 347 views)
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 AM   #14
Frenzie
Wizard

I wish the sources were in a Git repository or some such.

But more important, it's working! Now I'll be off to have a look at KOReader.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
I do not have kobo H2O.

who want to test,

#kobolauncher

and or

#Kobo Start Menu

use at your own risk
Excellent! Thank you ever so much, you have made my day!