Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
bookwarm
bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwarm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
ereader for large chm files

I have a collection of large chm files (medical textbooks) and i wanted to know which is the best choice from the large screen ereader out there... I'm leaning towards the pocketbook pro 612 (I like there products and i can get it in a good price).

There are old threads scattered in the forum talking about problems with these kinds of chm files (larger than 5mb)... whats the best solution?

p.s. i want to buy an ereader and not a tablet because of the e-ink screen (better for reading and better battery life).
bookwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
Hi there

I've been using 'archmage' to convert chm's to pdf's .. then run the pdf through 'k2pdfopt' to get them on my lowly 6" pandigital .... works ok for me ... the 'archmage' does not work on all the chm's I've tried it on, but is ok on most of them .. Maybe an extra step you don't want to mess with though

Jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Pocketbook. Large screen.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote