Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #16
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by njok View Post
Where can i find/download English manual for 302 model. I got only German one on may reader.
Please pm me your mail adress and I will send you the manual
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
w5iua
w5iua began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
FWIW, I went to Barnes & Noble and bought their matte screen protector kit for $14.95USD, and installed on my PB302. The results were good, do not have glare problems.
w5iua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:51 AM   #18
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I can't confirm this. I transfered the dictionary directly from my PB360 to the PB302 and it works fine.

Luqman
Me too. Very happy about that, as I'm beginning to read something in Spanish and not everything is clear! (Yep, books are good material for self teaching)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
It'd be nice to see a video review. I have a PRS 600 but I'd consider switching to the 302 if glare is much reduced and the contrast is better.
I can just say, having the two of them, that the 302 is much better. Screen much more responsive too (re: onscreen keyboard, too). The real difference I perceive is the weight- it's a plume compared to my trusty 600. Now I'm waiting for an evolution of the browser...

...also, is it normal that I can't see forms in the browser? In Google etc? I do run 15.1, and I know it's not really the most stable of the releases.
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #19
njok
njok began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302,Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please pm me your mail adress and I will send you the manual
I have send you PM. There is no download link? Even on the English site?
njok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by njok View Post
I have send you PM. There is no download link? Even on the English site?
Yes, I know. Thanks for the PM. Will send the manual today.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #21
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookster View Post
I can just say, having the two of them, that the 302 is much better. Screen much more responsive too (re: onscreen keyboard, too). The real difference I perceive is the weight- it's a plume compared to my trusty 600. Now I'm waiting for an evolution of the browser...
Interesting! Before I bought the 600 I had read all of the discussion about glare etc but decided to go ahead and get one. It turned out that the glare was not an issue for me .. its the contrast. I like reading from a white page and I just find the grey of the 600 a little distracting. I suspect the contrast is something to do with the touchscreen but perhaps its just a feature of eInk in general.

Last edited by Hogan; 05-20-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #22
tomh
tomh doesn't littertomh doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7.2, Aura H2O
I have a Sony 900 and Pocketbook 302. The Pocketbook 302 screen is much clearer and its software features for configuring how to present text and organize books stored on the ereader are far better than the Sony.

After using both for an extended period, I think I see why PB chose the high gloss screen: improved contrast. This was even more apparent after trying a B&N screen protector, which advertises reduced glare. Contrast was also reduced. I ended up removing the screen protector and now put up with more glare in order to get back to better contrast.

Similar thing happened with computer monitors when glossy screens arrived. I chose the glossy screen because colors and sharpness was so much better. Hope Pocketbook folks keep their glossy screen option, even though a lot of folks don't like the glare.
tomh is offline   Reply With Quote