Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #586
lxpose
Connoisseur
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
The second problem is the the reader does not always show me the last few lines of a chapter. The chapter will seem to end abruptly, paging ahead goes to the beginning of the new chapter. If I adjust the font size and go back a page, I can usually see the content of the previous chapter correctly.
I can confirm this with IOS 14.1

For some reason this problem seems to have been resolved on updating to IOS 14.2

Last edited by lxpose; 11-08-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Update
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #587
RandomLibrarian
RandomLibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Where are all the books kept? I'm honestly a bit tired of curating Calibre and need a break. I just want to put all my books in MapleRead for now. The thing that I am curious about. Where do they go on the device? Is there a way to back them up on iCloud or something? Not that I expect my iphone to fail, but like I said curious about what is possible.
RandomLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:36 PM   #588
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
So, I am still having a bug issue with MR3.5.2 where my epubs will "freeze" and not be responsive to touch inputs to turn to the next page. This always happens towards the end of a book (75% or later and book size does not matter) and always on the first page of a new chapter. I have had this issue with both:
-iphone XSMax and 12
-iOS 14.1, 14.2, and 14.2.1
-re-installed the MR app several times and the entire library of epubs after full deletion

The only way around this is to repeatedly touch the screen forward area alternating with touching the middle area so that the menu shows up. After about 5 seconds of doing this, the page will finally turn to the next page.

I have reported this to MaplePop and they asked me to see if this happened with their Alice in Wonderland ePub which I have reported back that it does but have not heard anything back again.

I was wondering if there is anyone else that has had this issue at all?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #589
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
slantybard, I also have that problem. My solution is to swipe up to get to my ipad's home screen. The swipe up half way on that screen and pause. Once the active apps are showing, fling Marvin off to close. Then when you go back to Marvin it's fine again. It doesn't happen very often, but it is one of the reasons I've gone back to my android tablet for reading.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:42 AM   #590
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
slantybard, I also have that problem. My solution is to swipe up to get to my ipad's home screen. The swipe up half way on that screen and pause. Once the active apps are showing, fling Marvin off to close. Then when you go back to Marvin it's fine again. It doesn't happen very often, but it is one of the reasons I've gone back to my android tablet for reading.
Are you talking about Marvin or MapleRead? I thought slantybard was talking about MapleRead. Anyway, I haven't experienced that kind of problem on either app on my iPhones and iPads, even after updating to iOS 14.x
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:53 AM   #591
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxpose View Post
I can confirm this with IOS 14.1

For some reason this problem seems to have been resolved on updating to IOS 14.2
I have experienced similar EPUB rendering problems occasionally with v3.5.2 since upgrading to iOS 14. As v3.5.2 was working fine until then, iOS 14 must have broken something. Fortunately, everything seems to work fine again with v3.6, which was released hours ago.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:02 AM   #592
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomLibrarian View Post
Where are all the books kept? I'm honestly a bit tired of curating Calibre and need a break. I just want to put all my books in MapleRead for now. The thing that I am curious about. Where do they go on the device? Is there a way to back them up on iCloud or something? Not that I expect my iphone to fail, but like I said curious about what is possible.
Yes, you can easily back up all your books, notes and everything in your library. Just follow the backup & restore FAQ on their website.

BTW, the backup and restore features are also very useful for migrating the whole library among various editions (SE/CE/CX) of MapleRead app, and across multiple devices.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:26 AM   #593
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Are you talking about Marvin or MapleRead? I thought slantybard was talking about MapleRead. Anyway, I haven't experienced that kind of problem on either app on my iPhones and iPads, even after updating to iOS 14.x
You're right. I was talking about Marvin. MapleRead has never frozen on me, however I have to use the same technique with it as it won't clear the OPDS.

I love my ipad mini, but have had to purchase an android tablet for reading in order to get reader software that doesn't irritate me - and yes, unless it has just come onto the market, I've tried every reader software out there for IOS.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #594
RandomLibrarian
RandomLibrarian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Yes, you can easily back up all your books, notes and everything in your library. Just follow the backup & restore FAQ on their website.

BTW, the backup and restore features are also very useful for migrating the whole library among various editions (SE/CE/CX) of MapleRead app, and across multiple devices.
Thanks you I did look at the FAQ and just missed it!
RandomLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #595
mchapman
mchapman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Problems selecting text with Apple Pencil

I have had this problem for a long time but only just now decided to try to track down a solution.

I can select text just fine using my finger. However, if I try to use my Apple Pencil (first version) there are all sorts of problems. Here are some of them: the selection area disappears after I set it, the selection area jumps to a smaller or larger selection after I set it, the page turns rather than selecting the text.

This is true of the books I have tried (including the Alice in Wonderland test book).

Any suggestions?
mchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #596
Equinox
Equinox began at the beginning.

Device: none
My vocabulary function has stopped working suddenly. I long oressed and selected define but it won’t get added to vocabulary anymore. Any idea why?
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #597
Equinox

Also when I disable ‘collapsible table of contents’ in settings the app crashes every time. I’m on iOS 14.3 on iPad Pro 10.5, if it’s any help.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:21 AM   #598
Equinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
My vocabulary function has stopped working suddenly. I long oressed and selected define but it won’t get added to vocabulary anymore. Any idea why?
Ok I have managed to fix this apparently I had to select add to vocabulary.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #599
Equinox

When I change to user’s override and select my font the chapter title ‘1’ or ‘2’ or ‘whatever’ shifts to the left side and the paragraph alignment of the whole book becomes left. I only want to change the font not the entire style. I’ve mailed them asking about it but no reply. Any help? Apple Books only alters the font.

Also, for some books, I can’t go to selected chapters. It just goes somewhere randomly. Or won’t go anywhere. Again no reply to my email...
Old 01-11-2021, 03:20 AM   #600
njpig
Connoisseur
njpig began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3/Oasis2
Left/right margin of ibook on iphone

Sorry, please ignore this!.
njpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread