Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #24031
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sencha in my class, I finished my coffee and am settled in at work. Week is not done for me today, I need to come in and make up some hours tomorrow but it shouldn't be too sucky.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #24032
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Finished my coffee, and getting ready to go on a weekend retreat with my handspinners guild. I closed on my house yesterday and my stress level has dropped considerably, although as a new homeowner it probably should have jumped way up! Oh, well, all in good time. The past few months have been such a time of transition for me, though, that I'm just happy to have a long term plan. I'm not moving until the 30th (having the floors refinished and the walls painted), and meanwhile we will have the sad task of finally dealing with all of mom's things. Strangely enough, although it has been 4 months, my grief in the past couple of weeks has been worse than before. I guess the reality of the fact that we're all moving on without her...

But hey! New house!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #24033
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New house is great and, in its own way, so is moving on. It is sad but necessary and will get easier. Hopefully it will be easier once you have taken care of her things.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #24034
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #24035
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The night was clear and the moon was yellow
And the leaves came tumbling down

I was standing on the corner
When I heard my bulldog bark
He was barkin' at the two men
Who were gamblin' in the dark
It was Stagger Lee and Billy
Two men who gambled late
Stagger Lee threw seven
Billy swore that he threw eight

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPutYaGFlE )

I drew a King, she cut to the Ace. I've got to wash the car..... Bummer, dude.

Good morning, all. Ha.. I hate washing cars. That's half the reason I ride motorcycles. Only takes me 10 minutes to wash and wax a bike. Oh well... I lost fair and square, sort of. I used a marked deck, but I mixed up the markings... Good news is that I have East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea in my cup today, and some freshly baked scones. I sure wish I had a better oven. That will be a 'first purchase' when we move. Now I'd better eat, dress, and drown the car.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #24036
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker - it's finally Friday - time to kick back ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #24037
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
But hey! New house!

Yay!! Congrats on finally making it!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #24038
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
are you still sick?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #24039
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just finished Coke Zero #1
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #24040
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Saturday morning here... today we start recording for the Living Cross! 25 years this play has been running, and it gets larger ever year. Cast of around 200, plus crew, directors and etc! I will be on camera this year. in the past I have been on stage, but I like being behind the lens better. We will record the whole thing over the next few days, so that opening night we can sell DVD copies. From now till Easter hectic nature of life just exploded all over the place.

Coffee in the cup, will need to switch to water for recording. No coughing allowed!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #24041
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Water. Lucas is playing and chatting. Rough patch last night, needed the nebulizer but recovered and played tennis. I have to go to workto make up hours today. Good thing itis a crappy day. Hubby is getting wood for the new raised beds. Not a bad day.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #24042
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ah, yes. I had a bit of Talisker myself last night. But this morning it's a pot of Keemun.

Sorry I've been mostly MIA lately, but this business of not having a job/gig is getting me down. Seems like the market for tech writers is not doing so well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #24043
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Saturday morning here... today we start recording for the Living Cross! 25 years this play has been running, and it gets larger ever year. Cast of around 200, plus crew, directors and etc! I will be on camera this year. in the past I have been on stage, but I like being behind the lens better. We will record the whole thing over the next few days, so that opening night we can sell DVD copies. From now till Easter hectic nature of life just exploded all over the place.

Coffee in the cup, will need to switch to water for recording. No coughing allowed!
I saw the 'Passion Play' in Oberamagau, Austria when I was younger and was just dazzled by it all. Wonderful! I'd love to see it again. We missed it by just a few weeks when we were motorcycling through that area a few years ago.

But some years ago, in fact it was when I was 20 and in my first duty station in the Military, sitting around the coffee room on a break with the rest of my section, when the Major suggested that we work out a schedule for coverage during the Easter vacation. I volunteered to work it, as I had no plans to return home. Easter wasn't a part of my religion. In fact, I was the only non-Christian in my unit. (I was also the only 'Yankee city boy' in a room from of southern and western rednecks.) We started talking about the Easter holidays and the Captain asked me if I knew what the holiday signified. I replied "sure! It's was after Christ was crucified and buried, and the arose from the grave. If he saw his shadow there would be six more weeks of winter." There was absolute silence in the room, so thick you could choke on it. No one was sure if I was serious or not. After about (what felt like a week) one of the Lieutenants caught on that I was being facetious, and this was just New York City slicker sick humor. It can be difficult being a Southerner stuck in a room with a Yankee... Of course I had to then demonstrate that I actually knew the 'real' story behind the holiday, but when I added in part about the rabbit and the colored eggs on the White House lawn and biting the heads off of marshmallow peeps they all got up and left the room. Military personal aren't known for their tolerance for creative humor.

Time for a glass of tequila and then some sleep.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-16-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #24044
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Flat white. I became addicted to it when I visited Australia...even though I was only there a couple of weeks.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #24045
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Flat white. I became addicted to it when I visited Australia...even though I was only there a couple of weeks.
You'll have to elaborate on that one...

Just plain old filtered water in mine.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?