Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #16
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use KindleTool to open one of the factory initial images.
See how Amazon did it.
The audio apps are written in python, you will have to install python and probably diddle with the scripting (so the system finds our install of python).

= = = = =

I only have heard a rumor that audio recording is supported on the factory images - I haven't looked for it myself.

It IS referred to by the Java code in the customer firmware images.
But I haven't studied the Java code enough to learn where the gui controls for it is at.
or
Like Kindlets and that CONTENT_FONT_RAMP, it may be disabled in customer firmware by a control flag.

= = = = =

I have one foot in the grave here and am doing my best to keep the other one from sliding in.
Which is one of the reasons for all of my "DIY and tell us about it" type of answers.
Thanks for the suggestion! I am not good at coding at all so maybe somebody else could.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #17
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
It (the audio extension of post#1) works on the PW3 v5.8.7.

My Kindle language is usually set to "french". I had first to set the Kindle language to "english" (and reboot) for VoiceView to stay enabled. Then I could freely use the recorder & player.

Maybe other VoiceView language files could be imported, perhaps from the Kindle Fire which I believe has support for other languages?
So if it works on the paperwhite it should also work on the voyage, because I get the same result about missing soundcard when I run the record command over SHH. Maybe even the Oasis.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert