Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
jscarpa14
jscarpa14 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook/Ipod Touch
Save To Disk Questions

Okay so last time it was explained that if I used the save to disk button it would put my files back named and saved how I wanted them outside of Calibre and update the meta data when it did so. So I tried that and played around with the download metadata button and extract isbn plugin which was awesome by the way and I really appreciate the help. But I'm still having a couple issues.

When it saves the series and title information it puts them in sort format rather than as written. Now I tried this with a mobi file and haven't tried with an epub file yet so it might only be mobi, it could be both, I'm still new. But the series and Title started with the word The so they were written such and such, the. While I know it's not the most logical I'd like them not to reverse like that when saved, especially the series name. Because I saved it, then deleted it from calibre and imported the saved file to see if the meta data stayed which the text portion of it did. But with the way it's named when I reimported the file the series name was imported backwards like that. So the series name imported as blah blah, The and it was a second book in a series but when I reimported the saved file it defaulted back to the first in the series. Also the cover image was there when I saved it but was not there when I brought it back. So I tried it with an epub file too and it did the same thing the cover didn't export or import as part of the file and the series information goes wonky.

How to I get save to disk to save the cover image as part of the file and keep accurate series information? If I converted to the same type of file before exporting would that work and can you convert one file to the same type of file?
jscarpa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
jscarpa14
jscarpa14 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook/Ipod Touch
Ok so I tried the converting thing and it worked with keeping the cover, but I'm still having the series issues so how do I fix that?
jscarpa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
If you are saving then importing, make sure you save with the opf file. That's an option on Save to Disk. The opf file contains all metadata and will reimport as it was exported if that file exists. If it does not exist, then make sure you have Add Books set to read metadata from the file, not the filename.

As to the issues where "The" is added at the end, (that will also happen with "A," etc.) that's happening for two reasons. First, you are using a library sorting order for your sort field and second you are saving to disk using the sort field. You can change either. If you change from library sort order, then it will not move "The" to the end of the sort field. Then you can use the sort field in your save template. Alternatively, you can keep "The" at the end of the sort field, and use the unsorted field in your save template.

I suspect you'll have more questions about that, but keep asking and someone will point you to the tweaks and save templates you will need for whatever you want to do.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote