Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It is good that one of your PW3s is working.

I have a PW2 SN: 9017- which worked, so there must be some other differences causing yours to fail?

Verify the md5 of your download images to make sure they are complete. Then I would try those failed devices again if they were mine. Be sure to not skip the factory reset steps AND use the LATEST set of instructions and supporting files, which frequently change as this method improves.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:20 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowantong View Post
>>> Report
PW3 SN: G090 G205 xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - ok
PW3 SN: G090 G105 xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - not ok
PW2 SN: 9017 xxxx xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - not work as well
Note: the PW2-5.6.1.1 and the PW3-5.6.1.1 firmwares are DIFFERENT do not confuse the two.
And the PW3-5.6.1.1 is about to disappear from distribution (read last night's update of the software JB thread).

Also, read:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272087

In particular:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#before

A trouble report containing only the information: "does not work" without any context is not worth your time to write it or our time to read it.

Last edited by knc1; 07-12-2016 at 07:24 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Just thought I'd mention, since Branch Delay isn't available anymore, I updated the first post this afternoon.
The main-htmlviewer.tar.gz is now attached directly to the first post, and in addition to installing the jailbreak key it will install a short book called "You are Jailbroken".

The previous download count (for the original "jb-factory-1.1.zip" attachment) was 1801 (+41) in case anyone cares.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-14-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Jotted down D/L count
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:13 PM   #19
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New comment at Hackaday:
Quote:
Geekmaster says:
July 14, 2016 at 5:12 pm
In addition to installing the jailbreak key, the latest version of the jailbreak now installs a short book called “You are Jailbroken”. This provides visual feedback that the jailbreak actually did something. The next step in the process is to install custom apps that are signed with our custom jailbreak key (available in our forum).
Thanks eschwartz!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, the next step is to install the 'hotfix' and MrPI.
Then (optionally) upgrade to a newer Amazon firmware version for their device.

But they will figure that out - because they can't install any custom apps before they do the hotfix and MrPI.

# 11 0 44 - has a ring to it.

Last edited by knc1; 07-14-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And I just updated the README (as well as the "You are Jailbroken" document) to mention just that .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:30 PM   #22
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And I just updated the README (as well as the "You are Jailbroken" document) to mention just that .
Awesome. I always thought a jailbreak doc should answer the question "Now what?" anyway. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #23
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Since you guys have created your own version, feel free to close this thread and create a new one for your own version or include it in the actual jailbreak thread. I suppose that would make more sense.

No need to have my name associated with it if I'm not supporting the package.

Last edited by Branch Delay; 08-13-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post
Since you guys have created your own version, feel free to close this thread and create a new one for your own version or include it in the actual jailbreak thread. I suppose that would make more sense.

No need to have my name associated with it if I'm not supporting the package.
Original author should always at least get a mention.

And after six weeks, this thread's first post address is already immortalized in a zillion clones and archives of the web.

That is, this is the one the world now points at, so this is the one we will use.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We unfortunately can't change the "owner" of a thread w/ the current vBulletin implementation, so, yeah, keeping a stable location trumps any other concerns right now.

Given the nature of the package in question, the only thing that was really altered is the documentation .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
We unfortunately can't change the "owner" of a thread w/ the current vBulletin implementation, so, yeah, keeping a stable location trumps any other concerns right now.

Given the nature of the package in question, the only thing that was really altered is the documentation .
I do have a change to make, someday, RSN -
I need to drop a fake registration file to 'fix' UYK access on some 5.8.x firmware versions.

AND -
of course make the related changes in the directions.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #27
jneo12
jneo12 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
My PW3 is also not working (Serial G090 G105....)
I've gone through the steps in detail several times.
When I install the jailbreak file and search ";installHtml" the device restarts but the "You are Jailbroken" does not appear. I feel like I'm the only one with this problem?
jneo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneo12 View Post
My PW3 is also not working (Serial G090 G105....)
I've gone through the steps in detail several times.
When I install the jailbreak file and search ";installHtml" the device restarts but the "You are Jailbroken" does not appear. I feel like I'm the only one with this problem?
What PC and PC OS are you using to download that file with?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #29
Malachi2041
Malachi2041 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 G090G1
I am actually having this very same issue on the PW3 G090G1. I have no tried from Windows 7 and Mac OS Sierra, with no luck. I backdate the OS and everything successfully but when I get to the tar file it does its flash and reboot but there is no doc or book to show I am jailbroken afterwards.
Malachi2041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #30
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi2041 View Post
I am actually having this very same issue on the PW3 G090G1. I have no tried from Windows 7 and Mac OS Sierra, with no luck. I backdate the OS and everything successfully but when I get to the tar file it does its flash and reboot but there is no doc or book to show I am jailbroken afterwards.
You are using software that has a 'safe download' option enabled.
That destroys the required structure of the file.
Disable that option, or open a terminal window (on your Mac) and use either wget or curl to do the download.
Do not open the archive, leave exactly as downloaded, just mv (move) it to the visible root of the Kindle.

See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1359
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1382
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1386
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1387