Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
bundaskenyer666
bundaskenyer666 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Is my screen broken?

Hi.
I have a pocketbook touch hd. I tried to use it about after a week or two and the screen turned into this, when I turned it on. It is frozen and it doesn't respond for touches. Before I turned it on it showed the normal off screen. Is it possible that it's just a software bug or is it broken?
https://imgur.com/a/sjlN2z6
bundaskenyer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It looks like the glass substrate under the display is broken. It is probably time to get a new ereader.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 AM   #3
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
This is definitely a hardware problem - either the screen itself (most likely) or something in the connection between the screen controller and the screen is broken.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
Gamesiarz
Gamesiarz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD2
Had the same issue with my Touch HD2 and got replacement. I think its a screen issue because I was able to do factory reset with that error without any success.
Gamesiarz is offline   Reply With Quote