Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #61
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
It was the winter that men first slithered down hills on plastic bags.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #62
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Call me, Ishmael," she said and carved her number on his harpoon.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #63
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The great detective sat in his recliner listening to old violin concherto's on his Ipod.

Last edited by crich70; 09-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #64
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday, it dawned on the mayor of Hobbiton that the reform of the math curriculum might be even more urgent than the abolition of silly names.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #65
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

The chat show host finally fell silent as the giant squid swallowed the last of the guests, burped and turned towards him.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #66
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday, it dawned on the mayor of Hobbiton that the reform of the math curriculum might be even more urgent than the abolition of silly names.

Hilarious!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #67
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It was the winter that men first slithered down hills on plastic bags.
Loved that one. :-)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #68
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fighting a losing battle against progress, Bertrand sat late into the night with needle and plastic, gouging out his own CDs.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #69
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
As he gazed into her eyes, limpid pools of blue-grey, they reminded him of the pond at his grandmother Elisabeth's, where he used to go as a little boy, skipping rocks across the murky surface, and wondered how she'd feel if he skipped across his desk, grabbing up her pebbles in his hands, to bring life into her murky depths with some rocks of his own.

Is that bad enough?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 09-20-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Per Dr Drib's request.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #70
Graham
Wizard

"The butler did it!" blurted Penworthy, rendering the rest of the novel moot.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #71
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Penworthy implicated the butler in the murder, forgetting for a moment that he was the butler.

Sorry Graham I couldn't resist.

Last edited by crich70; 09-20-2013 at 10:32 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Elgar the supervillian sighed and wondered why he ever got into the business, what with the ridicously long hours, the enormous expense in specialized equipment to maintain his status, and the endless lines of brainless heroes out to kill him - not even the loose women continually throwing themselves at him managed to make up for the boring grind he had trapped himself in.

Last edited by Greg Anos; 09-20-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #73
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm still in a metafictional mode. If we get enough contributions on this theme, it could be a chapter.

Martin thought: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, even though I should have used a semicolon or a period between the words ‘times’, ‘it’, ‘it’ and ‘it’ and not a comma [smacks head], but what the dickens do I know? Martin continued to think as his lowly Indy writer’s brain thought of new ways to use large images on his posts, along with hidden tags of course, all this in order to earn a few pennies (he was that cheap) in his efforts to fool those folks over at MobileRead, even though they have an active link to their posting guidelines for self-promotion; but I can’t be bothered with that, he continued to think, as he pondered confusedly how he had gotten from a first-person to a third-person narrative in his novel that would probably remain unfinished or, at best, be something to read only in a winter of despair.

Dr. Drib
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #74
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
It was the best of times (I was getting laid a lot), it was the worst of times (there's a lot of stuff going round), it was the age of wisdom (they could cure most of what I caught), it was the age of foolishness (I should have worn a condom), it was the epoch of belief (I thought I would get away with it), it was the epoch of incredulity (my wife ...), well, you get the idea, this wasn't the way I had intended to start my marriage.

(And while I'm plundering Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities, I hope he has a sense of humour, here's another: )

It is a far, far better thing that I write, than I have ever written; it is a far, far better book that I give you than I have ever known.

Last edited by gmw; 09-21-2013 at 09:18 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #75
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This story will either increase, decrease, or maintain your taste for bacon but only if you read it while in a tube full of raw bacon; otherwise it will have no impact on your bacon desires at all.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote