Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #41746
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
Shouldn't every single post in this thread be:

"Typing a message"

?
We normally give you one post like that. After that, we assume you want to join the conversation, and post what ELSE you've been doing.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #41747
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Trying to find out what quaglies are and why they were were velumtious?

Last edited by Greg Anos; 08-20-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #41748
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Shouldn't every single post in this thread be:

"Typing a message"

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
We normally give you one post like that. After that, we assume you want to join the conversation, and post what ELSE you've been doing.
Besides typing a message, I've been reading these posts
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #41749
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'm at work, "working".
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #41750
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Trying to find out what quaglies are and why they were were velumtious?
Isn't velumtious floral, in some way?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #41751
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Isn't velumtious floral, in some way?

Hitch
But then why were the Masters Of The Universe so upset? Definitely a three Red problem. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #41752
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
But then why were the Masters Of The Universe so upset? Definitely a three Red problem. . .
I'm still waiting to find out what a quagly (Sp?) is....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #41753
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm going away for a couple of days from Sunday and my sister and I have planned a vacation for November. So I thought it was time to decide what to do for my annual reading retreat in January.

I've decided not to go to one of my favourite parks. But to a Center Parcs we went to a couple of times when I was a kid. I did the same in 2011 for a mid-week in November. Like then I'm going to book a studio apartment in the hotelapartment complex they have. It's reasonably priced, especially considering it includes breakfast buffet each morning, streaming internet and daily service for bed making and cleaning. The drawback is that it's got a tiny kitchen, but I can live with that (when I'm on my own I keep dinner simple anyway) and since it's right next to the plaza with all the amenities there won't be much wildlife. But if the weather isn't good it's nice not to have to trek through the big park for shopping and if the weather is good I can take nice walks through the park.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #41754
OregonJim
Enthusiast
OregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipediaOregonJim knows more than wikipedia

Location: Atop a wooded hill in the great piney forest, Oregon
Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm going away for a couple of days from Sunday and my sister and I have planned a vacation for November. So I thought it was time to decide what to do for my annual reading retreat in January.

I've decided not to go to one of my favourite parks. But to a Center Parcs we went to a couple of times when I was a kid. I did the same in 2011 for a mid-week in November. Like then I'm going to book a studio apartment in the hotelapartment complex they have. It's reasonably priced, especially considering it includes breakfast buffet each morning, streaming internet and daily service for bed making and cleaning. The drawback is that it's got a tiny kitchen, but I can live with that (when I'm on my own I keep dinner simple anyway) and since it's right next to the plaza with all the amenities there won't be much wildlife. But if the weather isn't good it's nice not to have to trek through the big park for shopping and if the weather is good I can take nice walks through the park.
I really like that idea! It's always fun to settle down for a good read in a new environment.
OregonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #41755
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I really like that idea! It's always fun to settle down for a good read in a new environment.
I'm a super introvert, so to me time from mid October until mid January, when it's busiest in our store and the holiday period, which I have to be social, is very exhausting. By mid January I need a week on my own to recharge. I read a lot, watch films and bring some craft supplies (which in reality I hardly do anything with).

I go away for a week in spring or autumn, often with my sister. And maybe a short city trip on my own at one point. But my reading retreat in January is the one I look forward to most. Also, from late December until early January it seems that a bunch of my favourite authors like to release new works. I try to save them for my reading retreat.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #41756
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
I'm a super introvert, so to me time from mid October until mid January, when it's busiest in our store and the holiday period, which I have to be social, is very exhausting. By mid January I need a week on my own to recharge. I read a lot, watch films and bring some craft supplies (which in reality I hardly do anything with).

I go away for a week in spring or autumn, often with my sister. And maybe a short city trip on my own at one point. But my reading retreat in January is the one I look forward to most. Also, from late December until early January it seems that a bunch of my favourite authors like to release new works. I try to save them for my reading retreat.
My wife is like that. The more she has to deal with people at work, the more we are apt to have dinner and sit for 3-4 hours in the evening with books and the occasional beer. It is a habit I brought into our marriage and she just picked up on. It has really helped her moods though, to have that time when we can just sit and be quiet.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #41757
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've just prepared the litter boxes, we've also got food, toys, a scratching post cat tree and a bunch of pillows. The only thing that's missing are the kittens.

We had planned on going to the animal shelter on Monday, but my mother had called them on Saturday and they didn't have any kittens available. Today they would get 7 new ones for adoptions. So if there are still at least 2 available on Monday my parents are going to pick them up. One of our few demands is that they are female (we've always had females), we don't care what colour they are.

When we decided to get a new cat my father said he wanted two. I had thought my mother would protest this, but she thought it was a good idea. So it might be a chaotic period when we get them. It'll be a nice distraction from all that's going on.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #41758
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
I've just prepared the litter boxes, we've also got food, toys, a scratching post cat tree and a bunch of pillows. The only thing that's missing are the kittens.

We had planned on going to the animal shelter on Monday, but my mother had called them on Saturday and they didn't have any kittens available. Today they would get 7 new ones for adoptions. So if there are still at least 2 available on Monday my parents are going to pick them up. One of our few demands is that they are female (we've always had females), we don't care what colour they are.

When we decided to get a new cat my father said he wanted two. I had thought my mother would protest this, but she thought it was a good idea. So it might be a chaotic period when we get them. It'll be a nice distraction from all that's going on.
We took our 13-year-old cat to the vet this morning. Happy that her thyroid treatment is working just as it should and she is gaining weight!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #41759
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
We took our 13-year-old cat to the vet this morning. Happy that her thyroid treatment is working just as it should and she is gaining weight!
That's very good news indeed! It's always awful to have a sick pet, especially since they can't tell you what's wrong and it can be difficult to find.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #41760
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I spend most of the night setting up my new phone.

Normally get a new gadget is fun. But yesterday my phone's battery started dying rapidly, I hoped it was just a one time thing but it did the same thing again today (going from 80%-90% battery to 3%), so I needed a new phone.

I'm glad I researched which one I wanted yesterday. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal for me to be without my phone for a couple of days, but tomorrow I'm going to Rotterdam for a couple of days and I need my phone then. In case of emergency, for taking pictures and for arranging to meet up with my sister for dinner. Luckily a nearby store had the one I wanted in stock, so I had to race over after our store closed (the closed half an hour after us). And it also meant I spend the evening updating, installing and setting up the phone.

I'm glad I had already put the money aside for a new phone. Mine was almost 4 years old and when it was really cold the battery had some problems. So I was already planning on getting a new one in the near future.

I got the Huawei P20 Lite. I refuse to spend a lot of money on my phone. I'm not a power user. I use it to check my emails, read the news and for messaging when I'm in the store or out and about. I also use it for simple picture taking. When I want good pictures I use my proper camera.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?