Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #466
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legz View Post
Ok, you can add on your tuto.
If CBZ or CBR not launch, do hard reset and reinstall
That's work
Sometimes there is no understanding what a computer system is doing. Anyway, I'm glad you finally got it to work. Happy reading!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #467
Legz
Legz began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3 T740
Yes, thanks for all
Legz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:54 AM   #468
mobman
mobman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
@rkomar Thank you very much for this new version!
mobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #469
mobman

Hey,

There is an issue with the "Fit height in portrait fit width in landscape" for comics with two pages by file.
I need to press next two time to go at the other edge of the image, which shouldn't occur because the width of the image is less wide than two time the screen width.
For some images it works, I don't know if it's because they are less wide of because their resolution is smaller.

So, I tried to mess with the code but I can't compile
I get that on STDIN:
Spoiler:

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working C compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.12/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (message):
The C compiler

"/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_dae0a/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/testCCompiler.c.o
/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc -DPLATFORM_FC -I/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/../../SDK_481/include/c++/4.1.2 -I/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/../../SDK_481/include -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/testCCompiler.c.o -c /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
as: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc: internal compiler error: Aborted (program as)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/build.make:66: CMakeFiles/cmTC_dae0a.dir/testCCompiler.c.o] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
make: *** [Makefile:121: cmTC_dae0a/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:1 (PROJECT)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/pb-fw5/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Failed compiling binary!

And here is part of CMakeError.log:
Spoiler:

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
as: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_intern_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_TIME[0]))' failed.

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc
Build flags:
Id flags: -c

The output was:

Build flags:
Id flags: -Aa

The output was:
<command-line>:0:1: error: missing '(' after predicate

Build flags:
Id flags: -D__CLASSIC_C__

The output was:

Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Build flags:

The output was:

Build flags:
Id flags: -Aa

The output was:
<command-line>:0:1: error: missing '(' after predicate

Build flags:
Id flags: -D__CLASSIC_C__

The output was:

Checking whether the C compiler is IAR using "" did not match "IAR .+ Compiler":
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Checking whether the C compiler is IAR using "" did not match "IAR .+ Compiler":
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++: internal compiler error: Aborted (program as)

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler: /home/mobman/PBDEV/sources/pbimageviewer-src/../../SDK_481/bin/arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++
Build flags:

The output was:
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++: internal compiler error: Aborted (program as)

Build flags:
Id flags: --c++

The output was:
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++: error: unrecognized command line option '--c++'

Build flags:
Id flags: --ec++

The output was:
arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-g++: error: unrecognized command line option '--ec++'
Old 09-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #470
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can adjust the step size in the Configuration menu. The default is 75% of the current screen width or height (depending on whether you are moving horizontally or vertically). If you want to take bigger steps, increase the number in that setting. Don't make it larger than 100%, or you may skip over parts of the image.

The CMake stuff was added by brucelee, so I don't know much about it. Are you using brucelee's SDK to compile the code? I don't know if his files work with the default PocketBook SDK.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:03 AM   #471
mobman

Exactly, it is now working perfectly.
This software is so great man, it should be included by default. That would be a good selling point, particularly the shiny case by case reading mode. And that would prevent that one day Pockebook push an update which completely break the compatibility.

I'm using this https://github.com/pocketbook/SDK_481. Which @brucelee seems to link here.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #472
volt74
volt74 began at the beginning.

Device: pb740
thanks for application like this. I realy appriciate it.

anyway one question. On inkpad 3-740, when I run it manualy or using telnet I see directory list, which is realy small. It is so small that it is almost imposible to choose correct directory. See picture. Also sometimes appear directory which doesnt exist.

is it possible to somehow configure it to be bigger ?! Or what could cause this issue ?!
volt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #473
rkomar
Wizard

I don't think there is any way to improve that directory chooser dialog. It is based on code that was written at the beginning, when resolutions were much smaller. I doubt that PocketBook uses it within any of their applications anymore. So, it's probably best not to use it on newer devices. If you configure pbimageviewer.app to be your image viewing program within the extensions.cfg file, then you can launch it just by selecting the first image within the system photo browser. See the first post for more information about that.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #474
volt74

thanks for reply.....the reason why i run it standalone is that it doesnt worked from galery....it seemed to me that i did everything....
i have upload pbimageviewer.app from pbimageviewer.app-v1.2.8-fwv5.zip to directory application, /system/bin
then edit /system/config/extensions.cfg
and upload /system/share/pbiv/740.cfg
but when i click in galery to image, it doesnt do anything.

did i miss something ? or could i somehow debug it ?!
Old 10-04-2018, 12:18 PM   #475
rkomar
Wizard

It looks like you set everything up correctly, If you have utelnetd installed, then you could try running it from the commandline, passing in the full path to the first image in the directory. Any errors should appear at the commandline. You can post them here if you can't make sense of them. You can also enable logging in the Configuration menu, if no error messages show up at the commandline.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #476
volt74

thanks to point me right directions...
i found out that extensions.cfg rows contains spaces (dont know where i took this code, but in this thread it is ok)
so instead of this
jpg: @JPEG_image: 2: pbimageviewer.app, picviewer.app: ICON_JPG
it has to be
jpg:@JPEG_image:2bimageviewer.app,picviewer.app: ICON_JPG

then it works correctly, thanks again for patience
Old 11-07-2018, 04:37 AM   #477
supercup
supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.supercup is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 2
EDIT: just saw that @trewelu already found this 2 years ago

-----

I have found a (semi-automatic) way to display CBR/CBZ covers in the Library app:
  • Extract the cover from CBR file
  • Convert it to grayscale (optional)
  • Resize it to something small, like 370x475 px
  • Save it in PNG format
  • Rename it to "comic_filename.cbr.png"
  • Copy the PNG to /system/cover_chache/1/your_comics_folder_name/

So, if your comic file is "Comic1.cbr", your cover image should be named "Comic1.cbr.png".

This displays the covers only in the Library app, but not on the desktop screen; still haven't found where exactly those covers are cached.

To extract and rename covers from many CBR files at once, this shell script can be used on OSX (it assumes that the covers are the first images in the archive, in JPG format):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
find . -name "*.cbr" | while read f ; do
cover=$(unrar vb "$f" | sed -n 1p);
echo "Cover: $cover";
coverfull="$f"".jpg";
unrar e "$f" "$cover";
mv "$cover" "$coverfull"; done

Last edited by supercup; 11-07-2018 at 09:44 AM.
supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #478
respect61
respect61 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 740 / Inkpad3
Exclamation bug PBImageViewer on PocketBook 740 / Inkpad3

Good day! I apologize in advance for bad English). Thank you for your PBImageViewer program. Installed on PocketBook 740 / Inkpad3. But there is a minor bug: after opening CBZ comics, when the book is turned off, it is displayed as the last cover. But the thing is, after the comic, I was opening other books and I should be showing the cover of the book, not the comic book. And even after removing the comic, the cover remained. I hope that in future versions you will fix this bug. Thank you!
respect61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:04 PM   #479
rkomar
Wizard

Thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed that the cover would only display if that option was turned on, so I always saved the cover file to the default location. It sounds to me like your device behaves differently from my older devices. Do you have Power-off Logo set to "book cover" in your Settings?

I don't see an API function that tells me what Power-off Logo is set to, but I can probably figure it out from the global configuration. Can you tell me what "offlogo" is set to in the system/config/global.cfg file? Mine is set to "offlogo=@cover_logo".
Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #480
respect61
respect61 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 740 / Inkpad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed that the cover would only display if that option was turned on, so I always saved the cover file to the default location. It sounds to me like your device behaves differently from my older devices. Do you have Power-off Logo set to "book cover" in your Settings?

I don't see an API function that tells me what Power-off Logo is set to, but I can probably figure it out from the global configuration. Can you tell me what "offlogo" is set to in the system/config/global.cfg file? Mine is set to "offlogo=@cover_logo".
yes, Power-off Logo set to "book cover" in my Settings

system/profiles/user1/config/global.cfg
offlogo=@cover_logo
respect61 is offline   Reply With Quote