Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Countryboy
Countryboy began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
New Book Notice??

Is there any way to create a list of authors and have a notice pop up when a new book by that author is about to be released? If there is a way, where is it?

I have a number of authors that I will pretty much read every book they publish. One of the problems I have had in buying a NOOK is that I will probably not be going back to the book store as often so I may not know if one of my primary authors has published a new book without doing a search every month or so.

Thanks
Countryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Not directly. There's a service called Any New Books? which does weekly notifications of new books in certain genres. Since most e-books come out at the same time as the print editions, that could be helpful.

Since you're interested in specific authors, I'd suggest you visit the authors' web pages. Most of them have ways to get notifications, whether by email, Twitter, Facebook, or all of the above. They have a strong interest in keeping their readers informed about their latest releases.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy View Post
Is there any way to create a list of authors and have a notice pop up when a new book by that author is about to be released? If there is a way, where is it?

I have a number of authors that I will pretty much read every book they publish. One of the problems I have had in buying a NOOK is that I will probably not be going back to the book store as often so I may not know if one of my primary authors has published a new book without doing a search every month or so.

Thanks
I don't think so but it's a terrific idea for a new Nook app.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
Countryboy
Countryboy began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Thanks a lot. I'll look into "Any New Books". That may do what I want.

Yes - it would be a great app. I don't understand why the sellers / book stores do not do it. It would be so easy for the service to be part of your "Account" - just a list of authors or "subject matter" to trigger a new release notice.

Thanks
Countryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
That is a great idea.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert