Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
How Many Books Are On Your Kobo?

Right now i have 10 loaded, finished reading my first book last night and started reading a 2nd book. How many do you usually have loaded?

Do you read multiple books at the same time? I don't think i can do it, never tried but i always like to immerse myself in book rather than several at the same time, i never watch parts of a couple movies at a time.

So i'm just reading one at at time.

Do you delete the books you've finished or just leave them on there for your vieiwing pleasure? Do you constantly load more and more on all the time or just save until you're done reading what you have on their currently?

haha...sorry it went from one question to a few others rather quickly!
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
Right now i have 10 loaded, finished reading my first book last night and started reading a 2nd book. How many do you usually have loaded?

Do you read multiple books at the same time? I don't think i can do it, never tried but i always like to immerse myself in book rather than several at the same time, i never watch parts of a couple movies at a time.

So i'm just reading one at at time.

Do you delete the books you've finished or just leave them on there for your vieiwing pleasure? Do you constantly load more and more on all the time or just save until you're done reading what you have on their currently?

haha...sorry it went from one question to a few others rather quickly!
I have 20 on my Kobo. I just got it Sundy but loaded up on free Gutenberg and Feebooks free public domain eBooks. I bought one and one is a borrow from my local library, so I only have it for 14 days. I am almost 1/2 through reading my first book on it.

I don't plan to delete any after reading thus far, except for the library book, of course, but we'll see.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

covingtoncat73,
i'm really new as well just joined recently and have had my kobo for 4 days now. am loving it, just wondering how other people read and collect with theirs.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
covingtoncat73,
i'm really new as well just joined recently and have had my kobo for 4 days now. am loving it, just wondering how other people read and collect with theirs.
I know. I am loving mine, too. I have Goblin Market by Jennifer Hudock, which I got for .99. I got free public domain Poe, Conan Doyle, Lewis Carroll, Jules Verne, Lafcadio Hearn, Yeats, Grimm, and Wilde. I borrowed Pub Walks in Underhill Country by Nat Segnit from the library but haven't started reading it yet.

My advice is, if you go into a book to glance at it but don't intend to start reading it right then, go to the last page to finish it if you want to clean up you're reading list.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
My advice is, if you go into a book to glance at it but don't intend to start reading it right then, go to the last page to finish it if you want to clean up you're reading list.
i have come across that, i fiddled with it a lot day 1, then reset everything.
then i played with the folder on kobo and erased some empty folders then couldn't communicate with calibre so another reset. i'm good now !!

i did read that you'll be able to close books now with the new update being released so you won't have to flip through the book you can just close it to take it off the i'm reading list.

there's a 50% coupon floating around in a thread here and i think its spin50 or spin50win
you can try those in kobobooks and get the discount.

i bought myself a giftcard to use online and i already had the hard copies but i purchased the ereader versions of the bricklayer and agent x both by noah boyd. fun reads.

got decision points by george bush yesterday and i also bought playing with fire - theo fleury and tough guy - bob probert.

started reading decision points and its pretty good so far, the reviews all over the place are very good for it overall, looking forward to getting into it more.

i have war and peace on there as well, not sure if i'll ever read it but i may take it slow.
got some dostoevsky but haven't loaded into the kobo yet.

not sure about those, i know they're great literary masterpieces etc..but i like my books as page turners, mystery/action/suspense. they may not be the best written or best acknowledged but if i find them fun to read then it's good enough for me!

the autobiographies are good as well, interesting to hear their stories.
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
I have 4 (not counting the 100 free ones that I flip through now and then to delete ones I know I don't want to read).
I have had my Kobo for less than a week, and read one library book, and about 70% through another one.
I read one at a time (1 on my Kindle, 1 on my Kobo that is
Usually read Kobo in the evenings (no cover yet) and take the Kindle with me.

When I first got my Kindle at the beginning of the year I downloaded scads of samples, and was reading quite a few at the same time. Didn't work out so well. I had trouble getting back into one, remembering anything about it!
Now I just read one at a time (although one on each reader).

I have discovered some great writers that I never would have without getting an ereader. I had my "go to" writers, and seldom branched out like I do now.
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
covingtoncat73
Wizard

I am kind of a fantasy and sci-fi fan. Neil Gaiman is my favorite current author. I also like Stephen King's son, Joe Hill (even better than his dad). I'm about to get his short story collection, 20th Century Ghosts for .99 from Borders in ePub.

You might enjoy picking up some Jules Verne and Lafcadio Hearn for free. Hearn's Japanese wife wrote an autobiography, I think, but I couldn't find it on Gutenberg. Gutenberg has a notice they may be moving their servers today so, if anything doesn't work, try back.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/sear...loads&query=60

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/sear...oads&query=368

Or try to get your Verne and Hearn on feedbooks. They have much less Hearn there, though.

http://www.feedbooks.com/author/19

http://www.feedbooks.com/author/286
Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
i have 21 right now.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Irunsjh
Irunsjh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Currently I have over 140 books from the KOBO store on my e reader. I am in the frame of mind that I delete books that I have finished from my reader, to save space as I have more books then space on my KOBO right now. It is nice that I can access it again if I want to read it later. As for non-KOBO books, I am in the neighborhood of around 500 books. I read more then one book at a time, and am currently on my 20th book for the year, and close to 100 ebooks read since I got me reader last May when it was launched. I love my KOBO and am reading more then ever as a result of it.
Irunsjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
La Coccinelle
Connoisseur
La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.La Coccinelle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo (original)
On my Kobo, I currently have three books. I've been reading library books lately, and I remove them when I'm done. I've got 24 non-library books in ADE, though.

I do read multiple books at once. Right now, I'm in the middle of four (one on my Kobo, another e-book on my computer, and two paperbacks). I'm amazed I'm able to keep all the stories straight!
La Coccinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irunsjh View Post
I love my KOBO and am reading more then ever as a result of it.
i am finding that to be true as well, it seems more handy to have around than the actual hardcover or paperback.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Coccinelle View Post
I do read multiple books at once. Right now, I'm in the middle of four (one on my Kobo, another e-book on my computer, and two paperbacks). I'm amazed I'm able to keep all the stories straight!
this is still strange to me i just can't seem to do it. i'd probably get lost, or i could possibly like one of the others more and not give as much love to the one i started first.

when i get more comfortable reading on the kobo then i may bump it up to a couple of books. currently i only like reading at night before bed, or if i'm sitting in the computer room with a hockey game on mute.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I have 52 - a mixture of free books and purchased. I have read far more than that however, I read library books and these get removed as I finish them.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
I've got a lot. I've never bothered to delete any of them, and I doubt I ever will. My guess is that it will be like my MP3 player experience: my first one was 20GB, and by the time I had it filled up it was pretty much obsolete so I replaced it with a 120GB iPod.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #15
kmoz
kmoz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
not as many as I'd like

I've got about 40 books currently. I once attempted to put all of my epubs on the kobo (about 400 mb worth). The device took 5 minutes or more to start up and access the menus.

Anyone else had luck using their kobo to store all of their ebooks?
kmoz is offline   Reply With Quote