Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-07-2021, 11:52 AM   #1
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Zip support question

Every time I try to open a zipped file on Android Koreader says it has no rendering engine for that file. I would expect koreader to show me preview of the archive first, but It looks like Koreader is treating it, as a single ebook file. Ok, so then I decided to test, if it opens with a single epub file inside. To no avail. Am i doing somethin wrong? Does it depend on the compression method used? Koreader wiki says it supports Zip format., but does not say anything beyond that.
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxStirner View Post
Every time I try to open a zipped file on Android Koreader says it has no rendering engine for that file. I would expect koreader to show me preview of the archive first, but It looks like Koreader is treating it, as a single ebook file. Ok, so then I decided to test, if it opens with a single epub file inside. To no avail. Am i doing somethin wrong? Does it depend on the compression method used? Koreader wiki says it supports Zip format., but does not say anything beyond that.
Both epub and cbz are zipped files. I think it is usual to have fb2 zipped too. All these are supported. If you expect to use KOReader as a zip previewer or extractor I'm afraid that's not possible. (A filemanager plugin that extracts stuff from a zip container would be a good contribution, I guess)

Uncompress your documents with another program and KOReader will open them just fine (whether they're inside a zip container or not).
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 AM   #3
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
I know that epub is already a zipped file. I just assumed it can preview and extract zip archives which i often use as "collection" organizers, sort of. I based my assumptions on this issue
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1075
Anyway I was apparently wrong, I just needed to be sure. Ok thanks
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, it's only supported when it's the canonical container for *one* file (which is pretty much strictly the fb2.zip case. CBZ & ePub if you're stretching it ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote