Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 02:31 PM   #166
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks, I mainly use KEPUBs. Actually I just tried hyphenation on my Kobo with the attached dictionary loaded, also uploaded some books with the Kobo Output plugin hyphenation on and off. It seems that in every book the left character minimum limit is 2, not 3, what might be the reason?

Wonder if KEPUB accepts soft hyphens in a book, that could be a way to go around it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (12.4 KB, 113 views)
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #167
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
not 3, what might be the reason?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=39

try put more values, I vaguely remember that it helped with kepub.

Last edited by Semwize; 11-29-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:36 PM   #168
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've a third party hyphenation dicationary that I've put together that seems to work rather well on the H2O use firmware 3.12.0. It gives better hyphenation then the default hyphenation dictionary.

The default hyphenation dictionary can be edited to give better results by having the numbers from 5 to 2.

The third party hyphenation dictionary is US English.

Just download the attachment, unZip it to get the KoboRoot.tgz. Drop it in your .kobo directory in your Reader. After you eject the Reader, it will install the hyphenation dictionaries. This will work with firmware 3.11.0 and up.

I've added a French hyphenation dictionary.

Update to add in a Hungarian hyphenation dictionary.

June 04, 2020 - Portuguese coming soon
July 04, 2020 - Updated the English hyphenation dictionary. It should work better with KePub and just as well with ePub.
October 02, 2020 - Added German hyphenation dictionary
How can I get an Italian dictionary?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:55 PM   #169
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
How can I get an Italian dictionary?
Try this Italian hyphenation dictionary. I have no idea how well it will work.

Unzip the file and copy KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo directory of your Kobo. Then eject the Kobo and it will install the dictionary. Let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hyphenation Italian (beta).zip (120.4 KB, 84 views)
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:32 PM   #170
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

I looked within the archive, and I saw that the dictionary is 2.18KB while the English one is 335KB! The Italian dictionary installed by default is 6KB. I guess it can be worse...
Old 04-29-2022, 05:42 PM   #171
CyberPaul
Groupie

I tried to change first lines in the original it dictionary:
Code:
LEFTHYPHENMIN 2
RIGHTHYPHENMIN 2
(they were 5). And I got very good result, the issue is highly reduced.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:29 PM   #172
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I just noticed that any Kobo update will overwrite these custom dictionaries with the default ones, so make sure to replace them after an update.

@JSWolf you might want to add that to your first post.
qkqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:49 AM   #173
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
I just noticed that any Kobo update will overwrite these custom dictionaries with the default ones, so make sure to replace them after an update.
Yup, it will. I have kobopatch replace it when I patch.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:34 PM   #174
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yup, it will. I have kobopatch replace it when I patch.
How are you doing that? Couldn't find a way for kobopatch to add arbitrary files at arbitrary locations?
Old 05-03-2022, 05:45 PM   #175
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
How are you doing that? Couldn't find a way for kobopatch to add arbitrary files at arbitrary locations?
The files: section at the bottom of the kobopatch.yaml file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:10 AM   #176
qkqw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Haven't seen that before, very cool! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2022, 11:34 PM   #177
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
How exactly is this done?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #178
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Your question is far too vague. Did you actually read the help notes about "additional files" included in kobopatch.yaml?

If so, what did you try and what didn't work, exactly?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:44 PM   #179
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
For the last two lines of kobopatch.yaml, this is what I have.
Code:
files:
  C:\Download\Kobo\Hyphenation/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:03 AM   #180
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Your question is far too vague. Did you actually read the help notes about "additional files" included in kobopatch.yaml?

If so, what did you try and what didn't work, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For the last two lines of kobopatch.yaml, this is what I have.
Code:
files:
  C:\Download\Kobo\Hyphenation/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic

This what i have on my kobopatch.yaml

Code:
## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
# Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
# The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
# files:
#   src/whatever.txt: usr/local/Kobo/whatever.txt
#   src/whateverToPutInMultiplePlaces.txt:
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location1.txt
#     - usr/local/Kobo/location2.txt
Do i have to put the dictionary in the src folder of the patch files and type it's directory like:

files:
src/kobofiles/custom-dict/dicthtml-es-en.zip

or the dictionary could be anywhere in my PC, i just have to indicate its directory?

Thank you
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote