Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-25-2020, 01:05 AM   #1
wrench100
wrench100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Custom plugin no longer appearing

I have a plug-in that I developed for an in-house project, which I’ve been using for a few years. I need a variation of it, so I duplicated the plugin, changed the name in the appropriated places and successfully installed the new version. After some testing, I needed to make some changes so I did that. But now when I install it, it no longer appears in the toolbar. When I launch in debug mode, the log says that it was successfully installed But it doesn’t show up. I’m at a loss.

One other note: the first time I installed, it asked where I wanted it to appear in the interface. Now, after uninstalling, restarting, then re-installing, it no longer asks.

I’m running the latest version of caliber on a Mac under Mojave.

Help!
wrench100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Toolbars and add it to wherever you want it to show up
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
wrench100

Hm, the new plugin isn't showing up on the Available list. Again, what's throwing me for a loop is that it did show up once before.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench100 View Post
Hm, the new plugin isn't showing up on the Available list. Again, what's throwing me for a loop is that it did show up once before.
Maybe this needs to be updated for Python 3?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
wrench100

Solved, with a caveat.

Deep in an embedded module, I found a path that hadn't been updated properly.

Here's the weird thing. When running under Calibre 5.5 in debug mode, the log simply showed the module as loading properly. I went to another machine and installed version 4.3 and when I installed there in debug mode, the error log didn't report the plug-in as installing, and showed me a nice, detailed report of where the problem was.

Has something changed in version 5?
Old 11-25-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, python has gone from 2 to 3.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote