Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Author Sort metadata problem with Faith Martin

For some reason I cannot fathom, when I am editing the metadata for the books of author Faith Martin, all 17 of them, the Author Sort field has a pink background if I enter Martin, Faith,.

If I click on Set Author Sort from Author it gets filled with MARTIN, FAITH all upper-case on a green background.

Re-entering the correct value brings back the pink background.

Any idea ?

Calibre 3.26.1
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The pink means it does not agree with the author sort value set on the author record.

If you bring up the category browser, find the author and then right-click to select the option for changing the author sort value it will change it for all books associated with that author.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The pink means it does not agree with the author sort value set on the author record.
This I was aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you bring up the category browser, find the author and then right-click to select the option for changing the author sort value it will change it for all books associated with that author.
Worked, thank you.
Interestingly, I searched the library, and that author was the only one with a ~[A-Z][A-Z] in the AuthorSort.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote