Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #46
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
This would be seriously great. One of the most annoying bugs of RMSDK...
I doubt if this was an RMSDK bug. My guess it was a poor implementation bug by Kobo as this bug never happened on my Bq Avant (a very old reader released in 2010).
This reader has also been sold under various other names: Sagem Binder, Medion Oyo, Promedia PO-541, Mr.Book ONext Touch & Read 001, Positivo Alfa, Benq K60, EGriver Touch, Icaruse Sense and PanDigital Novel Personal eReader (the CA edition has Kobo store bindings; US edition Barnes and Noble).
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:06 AM   #47
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I doubt if this was an RMSDK bug. My guess it was a poor implementation bug by Kobo as this bug never happened on my Bq Avant (a very old reader released in 2010).
This reader has also been sold under various other names: Sagem Binder, Medion Oyo, Promedia PO-541, Mr.Book ONext Touch & Read 001, Positivo Alfa, Benq K60, EGriver Touch, Icaruse Sense and PanDigital Novel Personal eReader (the CA edition has Kobo store bindings; US edition Barnes and Noble).
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I did have the bug on my Onyx Boox i62HD.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #48
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Here's a new bug...

this is happening on my Glo right now.

When the backlight is on and I plug it in my computer to transfer stuff, the backlight remains on even on the connected and charging screen. Then after I eject my glo, and the home screen comes back, the backlight will remain on. Now, when I click the backlight button off and turn it on again, the backlight is automatically set to 1% and it won't turn on. So I have to adjust the backlight to more than 1% for it to work again.

Anybody else experiencing this?
hleo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@JSWolf: Is the book attached here the one to test with? --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=11

If so, what am I looking for in it?
That one will do. What you are looking for is if the embedded font will display on the new firmware with the new RMSDK. I want to know if the embedded font bug is now fixed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #50
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dropcaps don't span multiple lines anymore. The alignment seems to have changed to the 'botom' of the first line. Better: the font descender.

Ascender: position of the font’s ascender line. Usually this is the height of the lowercase ‘b’ character
Descender : position of the font’s descender line. Usually this is the position of the bottom line of the ‘p’ character
Caps height: height of the font’s uppercase characters. Usually the height of the ‘H’ character
x height: height of the lowercase characters. Usually the height of the ‘x’ character

Note: the dropcaps are displayed as intended when using ADE 2.0.78765 (Desktop) and Sigil. Where it spans two lines.

____
Edit:
Solved by adding/adjusting the vertial-align property value to bottom.

Last edited by Anak; 07-12-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #51
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That one will do. What you are looking for is if the embedded font will display on the new firmware with the new RMSDK. I want to know if the embedded font bug is now fixed.
Jon, How many times are you going to keep raising the spectre of this phantom 'bug'? This is at least the fourth time I've responded to you and I only started frequenting the Kobo forum in Oct 2012?

Of course the embedded font will display in 3.5! Just as it did in 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, ... etc. All you need to do with that particular epub is select 'Document Default' from the font list. The same solution as for every previous fw version I've used. Now how hard is that?

If you want pictures, tell me which page and I'll happily post a photo if it will stop your relentless recycling.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #52
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
It was definately a bug in the Adobe RMSDK. The faulty code was in the getPageBreakScore() function, which is in librmsdk.so

It could be that the bug was introduced in a later version of the RMSDK than the one used on your old reader.

Edit: There is an interesting list of changes made to the RMSDK here: http://kb.datalogics.com/articles/FA...-by-Datalogics

Last edited by GeoffR; 07-12-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added Datalogics link
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #53
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What I'm not sure about is whether those fixes are in ALL versions of RMSDK, or only the version resold by Datalogics. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/readermobile.html has a list of all the resellers.

Also, we don't know which build Kobo are using of the SDK.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #54
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Thanks!

update 3... the update just finished installing and it seems that the sorting thing in the collections is finally back!!!
I really dare not allow myself to think that this means sorting by collections is back... can anyone elaborate?

Also, the previous firmware release lead to sideloaded books taking AGES to process on my Glo after I'd moved the over by Calibre and then ejected the device. Is this any better with this version, please?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here's a new bug...

this is happening on my Glo right now.

When the backlight is on and I plug it in my computer to transfer stuff, the backlight remains on even on the connected and charging screen. Then after I eject my glo, and the home screen comes back, the backlight will remain on. Now, when I click the backlight button off and turn it on again, the backlight is automatically set to 1% and it won't turn on. So I have to adjust the backlight to more than 1% for it to work again.

Anybody else experiencing this?
I have seen the light being left on during a USB connection and set to 1% after returning from the connection with this firmware. However I haven't had the problem of the light not turning on when set to 1%.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I also have the light set at 1% after a USB connection. As this already counts as 'light On' all I did was bring up the light slider pop-up and readjust the level back to where I wanted it. No need to use the light On/Off button at all.

Going to Sleep and back or Power Off/On seems to correctly retain light On/Off state and light level.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #57
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Has anybody tried out that full screen reading yet?
Is it still working? And if it is, can somebody remind me how to do it again?
Full screen reading mode seems to work the same as in the previous firmware version, i.e. works perfectly with epubs, but kepubs still have some issues with cut off fonts.

Add FullScreenReading=true to the FeatureSettings section of your .conf file (Don't use Notepad, use Notepad++ or some other editor that understands unix line breaks), and then untick the "Show header and footer" box on the Reading settings page.
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true
Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #58
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know I have seen some situations where lines go missing in ePubs with FullScreen mode enabled.

Sure enough, it's still present on a Glo with the released 3.50 f/w. If anyone wants to see it for themselves I've attached the eBook that demonstrates the issue; a one page excerpt from Robert J. Sawyer's Red Planet Blues. The issue appears using Georgia and a Font Size of just over 1/2 on the slider.

At the time I reported it I also included the settings I had in place in the Conf file:
Spoiler:
Code:
[Reading]
fullScreenReading=true
libraryBuilderBlueprint=filterByMine()\nremoveReadingStatusFilter()\nviewBy5List()
pageTurningOption=option2
readingAdobeShowPageNumbers=false
readingAlignment=left
readingFontFamily=Georgia
readingFontSharpness\Amasis=-0.0533333333333333
readingFontSharpness\Georgia=-0.0133333333333333
readingFontSharpness\Gill%20Sans=0.0933333333333333
readingFontSize=32
readingFontWeight\Amasis=0.12
readingFontWeight\Georgia=0.18
readingFontWeight\Gill%20Sans=0.48
readingLeftMargin=2
readingLineHeight=1
readingMenuState=
readingRightMargin=2
Attached Files
File Type: epub TEST Red Planet Blues - Robert J. Sawyer.epub (3.6 KB, 267 views)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What I'm not sure about is whether those fixes are in ALL versions of RMSDK, or only the version resold by Datalogics. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/readermobile.html has a list of all the resellers.

Also, we don't know which build Kobo are using of the SDK.
In order to support the new DRM, they have to be using some version 10.0 at least.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #60
jackthereader
jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.

I installed Kobo Desktop 3.9.0 on Windows XP and now get an error message:

C:\Program Files\Kobo\Kobo.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Is there a way to go back to the old version?
jackthereader is offline   Reply With Quote