Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Tolino and Calibre tips

Looking for any tips people have for better calibre integration.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I am not sure if this is the sort of thing you want but I did, previously, post a method I saw on a German forum for creating collections in the Tolino using Calibre tags. I rarely use my Tolino now since my Mac started its common habit of refusing to recognise the USB connection, but the method I used is detailed below:

In Calibre, you need to go to Preferences/Plugins/Device Interface Plugins/Tolino Shine Device Interface.

Then click on Customize Plugin. Ensure the Read Metadata and Use Sub-Directories options are ticked.

In the section below (Save Template) put in your required metadata fields, prefixed by Shelf. Important, I have only got this to work by using one level of folder/sub-folder for tags.

(I use the following Shelf/ {tags}/ {author_sort} {title} - {authors} ).

NOTE - Deleting books from the Tolino simply using the Calibre delete function does not delete Tolino's own metadata database record for the book. The new plugin settings will only work on new books sent to the Tolino, not existing books currently on the Tolino. If you want to apply the new settings to all existing books on the Tolino, you will need to delete all of those books using the Tolino's own delete function (not the delete function in Calibre), then resend the books using Calibre.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote