Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #136
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
yes, to install just extract it into the /mnt/us folder (i.e. the main folder when connecting to usb). But to launch it, at the moment, you need to install KUAL too, and launch the shortcut from there
Thanks Aeris. I prefer wait for a release that doesn't need Kual to run
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #137
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
Thanks Aeris. I prefer wait for a release that doesn't need Kual to run
Ok... even if KUAL installation would pretty effortless since you did already install prerequisites etc. for JBPatch

Ah, just a thing: it doesn't require KUAL to run everytime, just once at each reboot in order to enable the status-bar shortcut.

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that you can already run it without KUAL, using this eventHandler:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...n+saver+script

And placing the shorcut.sh file into the "startup" or "resume" folder created by the handler

Last edited by Aeris; 12-01-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #138
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Ok. I'll test it. Thanks
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #139
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.6c. Bugfix release only
Old 12-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #140
Basem Alm-Eldin
Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
a bug here,
whenever launching "Collection Manager" or "KUAL" through "Kindle Menu", it opens but behind "Kindle Menu" and "Kindle Menu" turns to be just a white window.

"Kindle Menu" version 1.6b, on Kindle paperwhite
Basem Alm-Eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #141
Aeris

Thank you for reporting!

Bug fixed, version 1.6d released.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #142
Basem Alm-Eldin
Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Feature request please
can you make a simple alarm app, that displays a custom notification message on the screen after a specified number of minutes while reading.
It's good for example, if you don't want to forget your coffee or food on the stove while you're reading. And if you want to read for a specified number of minutes and don't want to be taken by Reading and forget some appointments .
Basem Alm-Eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #143
Aeris

Thanks for your suggestion, I've added it to the TODO list. Unfortunatly, I'm quite busy right now, but maybe, in the future... (or sooner if someone is willing to make it in my place)
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #144
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Hi, I have installed Collection Manager, JBPatch and leafpad.

What happens if I install Native Kindle Menu that install the same apps.

Thank you in advance
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #145
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
If you say yes to overwrite the files, it will overwrite the files. Programs still work, existing changes will be lost. Backup is always the safest advice. Good luck!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #146
Aeris

Don't worry, nothing will be overwritten... these files are placed in a different folder and works only like a shortcut!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #147
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Don't worry, nothing will be overwritten... these files are placed in a different folder and works only like a shortcut!
Each new version of Menu, I copy back an old version of the kterm keyboard - I like the older setup. What I mean is - some things seem to be overwritten, I have a backup, it's no big deal. Do you mean NOTHING is overwritten? Maybe I'll have to check it out better
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #148
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
please tell me how to exit Gargoyle on KPW!
every time I enter it, I cannot exit, so I have to hard restart...
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #149
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
please tell me how to exit Gargoyle on KPW!
every time I enter it, I cannot exit, so I have to hard restart...
write
Code:
quit
then
Code:
yes
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #150
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
What does Kindle Menu do?
- Provides a "slide to show" function, like Android: just slide your finger from the top bar to make Kindle Menu show (this features lasts "only" until you reboot the device or the framework)
I've made Upstart script to automatically enable magic swipe/slide after Pillow starts (at boot or on explicit restarting):
Spoiler:
Code:
start on started pillow

env DISABLE=false

script
  # Wait for pillow on 'started pillow' event.
  if [ "x${JOB}" == "xpillow" -a "x${UPSTART_EVENTS}" == "xstarted" ]; then
    lipc-wait-event com.lab126.pillow stateChange
    sleep 2
  fi

# Reset DISABLE variable to false if it has a non-standard value.
  if [ "x${DISABLE}" != "xtrue" ]; then
    DISABLE=false
  fi

# Id of Pillow container where magic swipe should be started.
  SWIPE_START_PILLOW_ID=search_bar

# JavaScript executed in context of Pillow container.
  # It's glued into one big line (newlines are removed), so syntax
  # semicolons are required and any comments must be block comments (not line
  # comments).
  SCRIPT=`cat << 'JAVASCRIPT' | tr -d '\n' \
          | sed \
            -e 's,",\\\\",g' \
            -e "s/__JUST_DISABLE__/${DISABLE}/g"
  /* JavaScript code is started. */
  (function () {
    /* HTML element where magic swipe should be started. */
    const SWIPE_START_ELEMENT = document.getElementById("menu");
    /* Path to HTML file with custom dialog (without .html extension). */
    const DIALOG_PATH = "/mnt/us/custom_dialog/index";

if (typeof window.__disableMagicSwipe__ === "function") {
      window.__disableMagicSwipe__();
    }
    if (__JUST_DISABLE__) {
      return;
    }

if (SWIPE_START_ELEMENT === null) {
      nativeBridge.logInfo(
        "user-dialog",
        DIALOG_PATH,
        "Swipe start element is null");
      return;
    }

window.__disableMagicSwipe__ = function () {
      SWIPE_START_ELEMENT.removeEventListener("mousedown", mouseDownHandler);
      SWIPE_START_ELEMENT.removeEventListener("mouseup", mouseUpHandler);
      document.body.removeEventListener("mouseout", mouseOutHandler);
      delete window.__disableMagicSwipe__;
    };

var swiped = false;

var mouseDownHandler = function () { swiped = true; };
    var mouseUpHandler   = function () { swiped = false; };
    var mouseOutHandler  = function () {
      if (swiped) {
        swiped = false;
        nativeBridge.setLipcProperty(
          "com.lab126.pillow",
          "customDialog",
          '{"name": "../../../..' + DIALOG_PATH + '"}'
        );
      }
    };

SWIPE_START_ELEMENT.addEventListener("mousedown", mouseDownHandler);
    SWIPE_START_ELEMENT.addEventListener("mouseup", mouseUpHandler);
    document.body.addEventListener("mouseout", mouseOutHandler);
  })();
  /* JavaScript code is ended. */
  `

MESSAGE='{
    "pillowId": "'${SWIPE_START_PILLOW_ID}'",
    "function": "'${SCRIPT}'"
  }'

lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.pillow interrogatePillow "$MESSAGE"
end script

It should be placed in /etc/upstart under any name with .conf extension (like /etc/upstart/magic_swipe.conf).

I think it's safe enough. Stock scripts aren't depending on this custom job, so any accidental error shouldn't break booting process.

It could be run manually. If script is named magic_swipe.conf, then to enable magic swipe execute
Code:
start magic_swipe
To disable it run, execute
Code:
start magic_swipe DISABLE=true
These commands are idempotent, they are always doing what you want and disabling before enabling or enabling twice in a row or something similar isn't an error.

Manual enabling of magic swipe is required after Pillow was disabled and then enabled again via setting of special LIPC property (like KOReader startup script does when stop_framework option isn't passed). Unfortunately, it looks like Pillow doesn't inform anybody about these state changes. I've just changed koreader.sh:
Spoiler:
Right after
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow enable
add
Code:
start magic_swipe

To set:
  • path to HTML file with custom dialog, change value in line with const DIALOG_PATH =
  • Pillow component and its HTML element, where magic swipe should be started, change values in lines with SWIPE_START_PILLOW_ID= and const SWIPE_START_ELEMENT =
By default, script will instantiate /mnt/us/custom_dialog/index.html when swipe starting from Menu button in search bar will be performed.

Last edited by eureka; 01-06-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: cosmetic corrections
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons