Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #316
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMike View Post

Running LibrarianSync on PW3, firmware 5.8.7.0.1 with Caliber plugin.
The creation of the collections from Caliber runs without errors and I can see a collections.json file created in the \system directory.
However KUAL/Librarian sync/Update Collections (calibre plugin) or Rebuild collections (caliber plugin) never displays any progress nor are the collections (which are shown in the log from Caliber) ever created.
Any clues to what I am missing or doing wrong?
Have you installed Python from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?
IIRC, that is a requirement.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #317
GolfMike
GolfMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
^^^
I did, yes
GolfMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #318
zeflash
zeflash began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 3 (G090KB)
@GolfMike

I had a similar issue too on my newly acquired (and Jailbreaked ) Paperwhite 3. Looking at the code on github I also saw this issue reported:
https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync/issues/6

Turns out it's exactly the issue for me. Turn off wifi and it starts working.

I guess the troubleshooting steps would be:
1- if you don't see the "sending command" overlay show up, you don't have python properly installed
2- if you're stuck on "sending command" and it then fails with "something went very wrong" then it's because of the wifi
zeflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:55 AM   #319
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This application was never designed for software that attempts to keep your Amazon cloud account current.

So update locally (I.E: without Internet connection, Wifi or 3G) first and let the Kindle update your cloud account later, after your done running all of the local changes.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #320
GolfMike
GolfMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflash View Post
@GolfMike

I had a similar issue too on my newly acquired (and Jailbreaked ) Paperwhite 3. Looking at the code on github I also saw this issue reported:
https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync/issues/6

Turns out it's exactly the issue for me. Turn off wifi and it starts working.

I guess the troubleshooting steps would be:
1- if you don't see the "sending command" overlay show up, you don't have python properly installed
2- if you're stuck on "sending command" and it then fails with "something went very wrong" then it's because of the wifi
Thank you, I have reinstalled the appropriate version of Python and after that everything started working as expected!
GolfMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #321
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Will this work on Kindle 4 NT ?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #322
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Will this work on Kindle 4 NT ?
Never tested for that device.

Is the collections database the same schema as the firmware 5.x series?

I see you have both devices, dump the db schema on both, compare them and then you can tell us.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #323
Fakex
Fakex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Are there any issues with the new PW2-FW 5.8.9?
After updating to this I had to install Python again to make Librarian work.
Fakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 AM   #324
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakex View Post
Are there any issues with the new PW2-FW 5.8.9?
After updating to this I had to install Python again to make Librarian work.
What part of the second paragraph of the current jailbreak could be made clearer?

quote:
If jailbroken on an earlier firmware version, the jailbreak is known to survive the update to either 5.8.8 or 5.8.9.
It should survive an update to any firmware version. It is designed to be viral.
None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.

What part of the closing paragraph of the current jailbreak could be made clearer?

quote:
These update_*.bin package name format packages must be re-installed after each firmware update.
The MrPI application can handle multiple update_*.bin packages at the same time, just put them all in /mrpackages and trigger MrPI.

= = = =

The directions open and close with the information that things must be re-installed.
Can you recommend a better way to include the information?

Last edited by knc1; 05-10-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #325
Fakex
Fakex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thank you for make it clearer than it was already...

I only focussed on LS because the rest of the JB worked fine after FW-Update...
btw - I just had to reinstall Python and not the whole bunch
Fakex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #326
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakex View Post
Thank you for make it clearer than it was already...

I only focussed on LS because the rest of the JB worked fine after FW-Update...
btw - I just had to reinstall Python and not the whole bunch
In that case, Python was the only thing in an update_*.bin name format package (with only a few exceptions).

Note:
In general, KUAL extensions are not packaged in a update_*.bin name format package (there might be a few exceptions).
And in general, they never have to be re-installed (with only a few exceptions).

= = = =

The best (simplest) rule:
If it seems to be broken after an update, re-install it.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #327
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
This may be an odd question - but how long does a collection take to build? I mean, it works on my KT2 but I generally have to guess if it had build/update a collection or not.

For example, I use calibre, build my collections, disconnect, KUAL, librarysync and update but it never tells me when it's done.

It keeps saying, 'updating collections...'. I'd give it half a hour, then go back and see if it works. Most of the time, it does, but some times I need to rebuild the json file via calibre before it works.

So, I just want to know what's everyone's general experience? A few minutes? Ten minutes?
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #328
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
This may be an odd question - but how long does a collection take to build? I mean, it works on my KT2 but I generally have to guess if it had build/update a collection or not.

For example, I use calibre, build my collections, disconnect, KUAL, librarysync and update but it never tells me when it's done.

It keeps saying, 'updating collections...'. I'd give it half a hour, then go back and see if it works. Most of the time, it does, but some times I need to rebuild the json file via calibre before it works.

So, I just want to know what's everyone's general experience? A few minutes? Ten minutes?
How big is the collection?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #329
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
How big is the collection?
About 113? I have thousands of books. I mean, I understand if the first time it takes an hour or so but after than, updating one or two collection? I just find it odd it just says: 'Updating collection' but doesn't tell you if it's done.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #330
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
About 113? I have thousands of books. I mean, I understand if the first time it takes an hour or so but after than, updating one or two collection? I just find it odd it just says: 'Updating collection' but doesn't tell you if it's done.
That doesn't surprise me that updating would just go away when done.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync