Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
HAL.Unke
HAL.Unke began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Problem with APK

Calibre Companion_5.3.4.3.apk does only work on my Android 7.1.1 smartphone, not on my 4.2.2. tablet. Calibre Companion_5.2.4.4.apk works, with other backdraws on the tablet.
Could you please make available or mail the last working apk before 5.3.4.3?

The problem: I connect to the contents-server and change the library.
When I click on one of the sort-by folders the window closes and the cc main window (book shelf) appears again.

Regards
HAL
HAL.Unke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
According to our analytics, in the last 2 days 50 people running CC V5.3.4.3 on Android 4.2.2 have connected to the content server. This tells me that the problem is not with the CC APK but is instead a problem with the APK on that device. Probably it downloaded or installed incorrectly. On my 4.2 emulator, content server connections work and I can look at (sort by) any category.

Do a CC backup, totally uninstall CC, then reinstall it. I think the problem will go away. Alternatively, send me a CC debug log (Settings / Other / Send a debug log) so I can see what is going on.

EDIT: Actually, I think that there is a problem. I will get back to you once I have done some more testing.

Last edited by chaley; 09-04-2017 at 04:37 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I found a problem with CC running on Android 4.3 and earlier. Under some conditions CC fails to create its new cover database, causing various problems while CC is running.

I will release a new beta with a fix.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote