Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
DorianaGraye
DorianaGraye began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Where to buy KA1 in US that's NOT from Kobo.com?

So, I posted last week about the terrible customer service I received from Kobo.com when I tried to return my KA1. (It suffered from the giant green splotches on the bottom of the screen. Blergh.) I really loved the size and the device, though, so I'd like to try another one. But I really, really don't want to order it from Kobo.com if I can help it. Any suggestions for a poor, American reader like me?
DorianaGraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianaGraye View Post
So, I posted last week about the terrible customer service I received from Kobo.com when I tried to return my KA1. (It suffered from the giant green splotches on the bottom of the screen. Blergh.) I really loved the size and the device, though, so I'd like to try another one. But I really, really don't want to order it from Kobo.com if I can help it. Any suggestions for a poor, American reader like me?
You can try ordering from Chapters Indigo. Several posters here have indicated positive experiences ordering from them -- not to mention the Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange rate dropping the price from $249.99Cdn to ~$183.50US which is a bit less than the $229.99US price from the Kobo store.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I've gotten 2 devices from Chapters, though I've never needed to contact customer service.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Another vote for Chapters Indigo. My husband bought my Aura One as a Christmas present from them. Shipped to California total cost in US Dollars was around $186 or so. Took a little long to get here--which I put down to the busy shipping season. I have no complaints at all and would order from Chapters Indigo again.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can try ordering from Chapters Indigo. Several posters here have indicated positive experiences ordering from them -- not to mention the Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange rate dropping the price from $249.99Cdn to ~$183.50US which is a bit less than the $229.99US price from the Kobo store.
That answered a question I had...I wasn't sure if the $229 on Kobo was US or Canadian dollars.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
My KA1 came from Chapters, no green blotch issues. I would order from them again.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Ordered my KA1 from Chapters and a few years ago my wife's Glo from them as well. Both times no issues.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
eBay is another alternative source -- I bought an H2O there, and later bought a KA1 from Chapters as many mentioned above.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
eBay is another alternative source -- I bought an H2O there, and later bought a KA1 from Chapters as many mentioned above.
eBay is not an alternative source because you won't have a warranty. Kobo only gives a warranty to the original purchaser. So no, eBay just won't do for a KA1.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote