Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 04:49 AM   #1
pele_cat
pele_cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
No amazon cover available in UK

So on amazon UK you can no longer order either a leather or waterproof cover for the new oasis. Anyone know why? Have they withdrawn them because of bad reviews?
pele_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:52 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Very strange. I have both covers and find them excellent. I even listed a five star review for the watersafe cover.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 05:28 AM   #3
pele_cat

It is weird! It just says unavailable, you can’t even order it. I love my merlot cover!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Maybe they have so many back orders they can't fulfill them at the moment and don't want any more?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #5
pele_cat

Maybe, funny then that the covers are more popular than they expected even with the poor reviews?
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Amazon.com still has the covers and it says, "Usually ships in one to two months." Boy, that nails it down. Amazon.com.mx shows no covers for Oasis.

I have a lot of respect for Amazon but it's odd that my cover went from a scheduled arrival in two days to will arrive somewhere between Dec. 5th and Dec. 20th. The tracking showed my device as having been shipped but then it was put on hold.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very odd indeed, and an opportunity for the third-party case makers! I'm very happy with my "Saddle Tan" leather cover.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #8
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
When you click on any links to covers for the oasis on the U.K. site, they go to a page which says 'your search did not match any products'. Curioser and curioser.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
On Amazon Japan all three leather covers can still be ordered. Midnight (in stock 18 November), Saddle Tan (in stock 25 November), Merlot (usually ships within 1 to 2 months).
Fabric covers can also be ordered - Charcoal and Sandstone (in stock 18 November), Indigo (in stock 25 November).
I love my Merlot cover.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Amazon.com still has the covers and it says, "Usually ships in one to two months." Boy, that nails it down. Amazon.com.mx shows no covers for Oasis.

I have a lot of respect for Amazon but it's odd that my cover went from a scheduled arrival in two days to will arrive somewhere between Dec. 5th and Dec. 20th. The tracking showed my device as having been shipped but then it was put on hold.
When I checked just now on Amazon.com (US), the tan leather cover is available in 1-2 days, the white canvas cover shows available on December 8th and all others are available in one to two months.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
tweety
Enthusiast
tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Took two weeks for the Fire HD 10 cover to arrive.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #12
webjunk
Enthusiast
webjunk began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele_cat View Post
So on amazon UK you can no longer order either a leather or waterproof cover for the new oasis. Anyone know why? Have they withdrawn them because of bad reviews?
Nothing to do with reviews. They must be awaiting new supplies.
webjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by webjunk View Post
Nothing to do with reviews. They must be awaiting new supplies.
May I ask how you can know that with such certainty? Amazon certainly can and do pull products with problems from sale.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #14
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quoting /u/Ragriz1 from Reddit:

"I just came from the Amazon bookstore. Rep told me that they are no longer allowed to sell the Oasis 2 covers because Amazon is fixing the magnet issues. Thought you guys would like to know."
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #15
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
i have a feeling they are goign to be revised.

absolutely no way they can be out of stock
this is probably the cheapest stuff to manufacturer
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote