Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 04:57 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Good to hear Kobo have acknowledged the problem. Unless it is a simple fix, I suspect it might be to late for the next release. I'll have to take both of my Touches to work and test them on one of the Win8.1 machines. One is running 3.0.1, but the other is running a, um, later firmware. It will be interesting to see what happens.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kubuntu Linux works with without problems.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tested both of the Touches here today. The PC is custom built thing with Win8.1. It had no problems seeing either Touch. The Touch running 3.0.1 is an N905B. The other Touch is an N905 and running beta firmware. That might mean it is a problem only with the N905 and has been fixed. But, it could still be an issue with particular hardware or drivers.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #34
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that means something went wrong when the device was connected and the driver didn't get installed properly. The only thing I can think to do is to uninstall the driver and try again. Try running USBDeview. This shows all current USB devices and any that have been connected in the past. If you can find the Kobo device in the list, right-click on it and select "Uninstall selected devices". Then plugin the Kobo and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, have a look at what USBView says about it.

Will try this tonight to see if it solves my particular problem. but in the meantime if somebody who has experienced a similar issue wants to chime in... Seems more like a PC issue though.
This is the situation:
Hardware:
Ereader Kobo Aura 6' with latest firmware, Sandisk 16gb Micro SD card , PC with Windows 7 64bit.
Facts:
Aura recognizes SD card, reads from it.
PC recognizes SD card when I connect it through a Micro SD to USB adapter, can copy/delete and read files from it. (yes I did a re-format with the SD Card Formatter)
PC recognizes the Aura when no SD card is present in the dedicated slot, Kobo Desktop and Calibre work flawlessly.

Issue:
When I connect the Aura to the PC (via USB cable) with the SD Card inserted in its slot my PC hangs after recognizing the KOBO (but not the SD card as a separate drive). I never had similar issues with my other ereader, android phone, camera or flash drives.

And yes, I tried plugging the Aura in another PC (Windows 7 32 bit), both the reader and the SD card got recognized as separate external drives, so I assume the problem is my PC. Any advice?

Last edited by yayo; 02-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #35
morpheusdreamin
morpheusdreamin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0712 View Post
I have just received an acknowledgement from Kobo Tech support that the Kobo touch is not compatible with Windows v 8.1, tho they hope to correct that with the next software release.
I was wondering why my Kobo Mini was not even being seen by Windows 8.1, and now I have the answer. Kobo, you really messed up with this.
morpheusdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #36
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Is not the first time and will not be the last time that a windows update breaks Linux compatibility.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #37
lucloup001
lucloup001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
I know this one!

If you have the WiFi Kobo, when you plug it in you'll see an option on the Kobo to either manage your library or continue reading. You have to choose the "manage library" option before Windows will see the device.
Hello Suzanna,

I have kobo aura h2o with wifi. When I plug it on my computer, Nothing happens, i have no options like 'manage Library'. Can someone help me? I am kind of discouraged.

Luc
lucloup001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #38
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0712 View Post
I have just received an acknowledgement from Kobo Tech support that the Kobo touch is not compatible with Windows v 8.1, tho they hope to correct that with the next software release.
Unless they mean to the 32-bit version of Windows 8.1, this is not true. I've got two Kobo Touches, one running the newest software, the other running 3.3.1 and both connect to a Windows 8.1 (64-bit) laptop.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucloup001 View Post
Hello Suzanna,

I have kobo aura h2o with wifi. When I plug it on my computer, Nothing happens, i have no options like 'manage Library'. Can someone help me? I am kind of discouraged.
You do realise you are replying to a post from 2010 discussing a device that hasn't been available for about five years? Things have changed a lot since then and what happens when you connect the device is different.