Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
NAS library

So I'm an idiot. I had a local library on my computer, but wanted to keep the majority of my books on my NAS. So I made a second library under Calibre linking to my NAS. It's great, use quick switch, right there are all my books. Then I get to reading that accessing books through calibre on a NAS is a big no no.
Is it possible to remove access from my computer to the NAS library in Calibre? Can I just go up there where it says Remove Library, remove the NAS library? And the most important question, will that leave the books on my NAS, or will it delete them. I don't want to delete them, I just want to take away the 'link' to my NAS library, keeping it safe and as a backup.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(RIP), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Remove in the Quick Switch Library Icon just removes the references (makes calibre forget that it existed in ALL contexts).
If you had used it, it would tell you at the end, that you had to (use the OS to) actually remove the files .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Remove in the Quick Switch Library Icon just removes the references (makes calibre forget that it existed in ALL contexts).
If you had used it, it would tell you at the end, that you had to (use the OS to) actually remove the files .
Thank you! I'll give it a try. I was afraid to try it, since my master back up is on my NAS. I would hate for it to be deleted!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote