Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #91
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
You can resize the first partition (the exportable internal filesystem); I did it by changing the size in the partition table with a hex editor. My device did not recognize the new size until I reformatted the internal memory with its System utility. You might be able to use some tool to modify the partition table, however all the ones I tried balked at the overlapping partitions that PocketBook sets up.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #92
zledas
zledas began at the beginning.

Device: PB TL3
The link is dead Maybe anyone still has this image? Or anyone could make one from their restored device?

I am trying to follow the steps and make my own modification, but ending with bootloop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chshkhr View Post
Hi,

Thanks to all here. I managed to restore my dead device and want to share Pocketbook 626 8Gb SD ready image.

All you need to save this image to some drive under Linux and run the following command from the folder where it saved as su:

gunzip -c pb626.img.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M status=progress

Replace /dev/mmcblk0 on your actual SD card device. You can find it with:

fdisk -l

Good luck!
zledas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #93
zledas
zledas began at the beginning.

Device: PB TL3
Lightbulb

Ok, I solved my problem.

Firstly: "sw_20170718_626_W_5.14_1225_5.12_CI_gdb_pn_630_us er" didn't work for me – infinite hourglass when booting. I mean process of patching monitor.app and adding original serial text file didn't work. BUT with "sw_20160922_626_W_5.14_791_5.12_CI_gdb_pn_630_use r" same process worked perfectly.

Secondly: as I used Dropbox to sync my books, I wanted an update (as only from version "W_5.14_1225" updates to Dropbox API were included). So I started researching more and I found that there is a way to "rebind" any Pocketbook to any SD card.

Here is the link to forum post (in Russian): link.
Here is the Google translation: link.

Basically you can download an app (linked in the above post; reposting here as well: https://yadi.sk/d/bo7FNPlRy_fMzA ) and then use it to regenerate ".freezestatus" file (replace existing one with the new one at "/mnt/sde9/.freezestatus") with a command:
Code:
./serial --serial_number YT4517001251004000Y5 --sd_serial 0x12345678
After this it just works WITHOUT replacing monitor.app and so on.

P. S. Russian post includes much more details and more usefull info, but for basic "clone the SD content from original to new one and make it work", this replacement of ".freezestatus" is enough.

Last edited by zledas; 01-24-2020 at 09:54 AM.
zledas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #94
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: pocketbook 840
thank you for sharing!
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote