Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 03:50 AM   #16
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2, Sony PRST2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Bernardo View Post
1. The Home page now only shows books. No quote, no graph, no apps.
Who needs quote or graph?
And you can change it
Quote:
2. Anyone noticed problems creating the /font folder? I can use any name for a folder, but once I try /fonts it doesn't take. Event /font works.
Use /font

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-19-2020 at 04:13 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:44 AM   #17
Alan_Bernardo
Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Who needs quote or graph?
And you can change itUse /font
I noticed now that, remounting, the directory appears.

Using /font never worked-- the fonts didn't appear.

Also, I don't care for the quote, but I like to see how much I've read each day.

Did you say you there's an option to enable the graph and quote?

Last edited by Alan_Bernardo; 01-19-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Alan_Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ottischwenk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Did you say you there's an option to enable the graph and quote?
No, but I think, you are the only one, who wants such.
You cannot create /fonts - it exist and you can put your fonts into this folder.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-19-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #19
Alan_Bernardo
Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_Bernardo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, but I think, you are the only one, who wants such.
You cannot create /fonts - it exist and you can put your fonts into this folder.
Really, now, you think that no one else would want to know how much reading they've done in a day? Pardon the expression, but as far as that goes, I think you're incorrect. Otherwise, why put the graph there in the first place? And why when you long press a book on your device you can see how many hours you've spent with that particular book?

And anyhow, my initial question wasn't what was the use of the graph but why it had been dropped after having been there for so long. (And please, don't tell me that Boyue suddenly discovered that no one wanted the graph.)

The /fonts folder was apparently created when I downloaded some fonts off the cloud, and not before. Whatever the case, that is probably why I couldn't create the folder, since it already existed, though in looking through the directories when mounting the device to my pc the directory itself did not show. But it did show on a remount.

As to the fonts, I think I already knew that I could drop fonts into the directory, which is why I mentioned the whole font directory in the first place.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Really, now, you think that no one else would want to know how much reading they've done in a day? Pardon the expression, but as far as that goes, I think you're incorrect. Otherwise, why put the graph there in the first place? And why when you long press a book on your device you can see how many hours you've spent with that particular book?
I know, how much I have read and therefore I donot need a graph that wastes space on my home screen.
And because I donot use the library part I cannot see it and it doesnt interest me. Im interested in the book - not in statistics of my activity with the book.
Quote:
And anyhow, my initial question wasn't what was the use of the graph but why it had been dropped after having been there for so long. (And please, don't tell me that Boyue suddenly discovered that no one wanted the graph.)
This I donot know, but I am happy about the new louncher.
So I could deinstall, what I had earlier used.
Quote:
The /fonts folder was apparently created when I downloaded some fonts off the cloud, and not before. Whatever the case, that is probably why I couldn't create the folder, since it already existed, though in looking through the directories when mounting the device to my pc the directory itself did not show. But it did show on a remount.
The /fonts folder was created after the first reboot.
Quote:
As to the fonts, I think I already knew that I could drop fonts into the directory, which is why I mentioned the whole font directory in the first place.
Did you reboot before?
Old 01-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #21
Alan_Bernardo

Quote:
I know, how much I have read and therefore I Im interested in the book - not in statistics of my activity with the book.
Oh, well. I make a special point to read so much daily so the graph helps. Of course I can do that just as well independently of the graph, so in the end it doesn't matter.

But I do think the graph is something users want, and I think it will be returned in later patches.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #22
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Oh, well. I make a special point to read so much daily so the graph helps. Of course I can do that just as well independently of the graph, so in the end it doesn't matter.
Im using a watch.
Quote:
But I do think the graph is something users want, and I think it will be returned in later patches.
Oh no. This graph wastes space on the start-screen - but perhaps they will find another solution.
If it's hidden somewhere in the settings, I don't care.
Such an eInk tablet has a different purpose than displaying statistics on the start screen.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:30 PM   #23
Waddle
Waddle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
I liked the graph too! The quote, not so much.
Waddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 AM   #24
Jinz
Jinz began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Imcosys V6l, Trekstor Pyrus
The quote was a bit stupid as it only picked from a handful of phrases, not a real QotD database. But I miss the old home screen too, the graph was as amusing as useless and at least you could have a few favorite apps thrown in too. Maybe they return a more customizable home screen in a later patch.
Jinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #25
blueskiesoki
blueskiesoki began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
My Mars is at 1.1.3-2019092715
When I check for updates, it says latest is already installed?
blueskiesoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #26
franzli
Groupie
franzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfranzli can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesoki View Post
Same for me, also still on the older firmware version with no option of updating. I was wondering if they do some sort of staggered delivery, updating in some areas later than others?
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #27
KStock
KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Mini and Aura HD
Quote:
Which Android Version is it?
I asked Boyue support when v8 would be available. They replied that they will be working to sabilize the latest firmware (January 2020) and hoped to work on Android 8 in April. I don't know how long they will need to develop the new build. But they do still intend to release it.
KStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
sagutxo
sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.sagutxo got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Boyue LikeBook Mars T80D, Tagus Lux 2015, Papyre 6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesoki View Post
Same for me, in Spain region.
sagutxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:38 AM   #29
kaixjer
kaixjer began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura H2Ov1
I have the same issue, when I check for updates it says already the latest version. I have BYRead-V1.1.3-2019092715. Is there some place I can download the newer firmware? I searched but only found older versions.
kaixjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #30
Waldy
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Likebook Mars T80D BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011014
update.zip
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote