Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #31
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Err, woops. Found it. I'm stupid. Packed the wrong file in the zip.

Will fix ASAP. ^^
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #32
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Here's my file list after copying the Helvetica2 fonts onto the Kindle, done on a Win7 machine, no hiding of extensions:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	helvetica.png
Views:	1820
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	53929  
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #33
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
Here's my file list after copying the Helvetica2 fonts onto the Kindle, done on a Win7 machine, no hiding of extensions:
NogDog, as a side note, how do you make those thumbnails? Just curious for future reference.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #34
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, my bad, it was entirely my fault, no Windows to blame . [I put the wrong (meaning: default) files in the zipfile. Meaning we weren't asking the Kindle software to use the custom fonts, so, of course it didn't work for anyone but me -_-"]

If you've installed the _FONTS_ hack from the first post before now (06/23/10 03:33 UTC), unpack the two files in the zip file attached here to the linkfonts/bin folder on your Kindle, overwriting the two existing files. And then restart your kindle, it should work a whole lot better after that ^^.

I fixed the zipfile in the first post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindle-2.5-fonts-3.1.N-fix.zip (5.4 KB, 1328 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-22-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #35
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Did not get the fonts. Just the default fonts even after installation and a repeat restart.
Something missing.

Update - Got the Fonts hack fix - Working like a charm. Great. Thanks a lot NiLuJe.

Last edited by arvsinha; 06-22-2010 at 11:42 PM.
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #36
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Thanks NiLuJe! Appreciated your effort. Now my Kindle 2i became a Kindle 2i+

As, people say, never ever say never again... I´m very happy with my new Georgia2 fonts.

Jacques
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #37
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
NogDog, as a side note, how do you make those thumbnails? Just curious for future reference.
The forum software did that automatically when I attached an image file (.png in this case).
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #38
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvsinha View Post
Did not get the fonts. Just the default fonts even after installation and a repeat restart.
Something missing.
See the post just on top of yours (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=34), it should be fixed! My bad
Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #39
hybernation
Enthusiast
hybernation began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle 2 US, Sony PR-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, my bad, it was entierly my fault, no Windows to blame . [I put the wrong (meaning: default) files in the zipfile. Meaning we weren't asking the Kindle software to use the custom fonts, so, of course it didn't work for anyone but me -_-"]

If you've installed the _FONTS_ hack from the first post before now (06/23/10 03:33 UTC), unpack the two files in the zip file attached here to the linkfonts/bin folder on your Kindle, overwriting the two existing files. And then restart your kindle, it should work a whole lot better after that ^^.
You, kind sir, are a bloody genius and I will be forever grateful.

I now have Georgia2 on my K2 US 2.5.2 and I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!

many many thanks for your hard work on this.

John
hybernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #40
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know have Helvetica font back - LOVE IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Very, very, very happy!

Can you tell I am HAPPY!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #41
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)

w00t! I now have Helvetica2 and will be trying Georgia2 in a minute. Are the original zip files fixed now if I point anyone else to them? And THANK YOU!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #42
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Thanks got cmodnarrow again
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #43
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Phew! *wipes brow*

Thanks for the initial 'impromptu' beta testers and their quick feedback, and sorry again, that was a very, very dumb mistake! I'm suddenly very glad to have left the default fonts with their default filenames there... It wouldn't have been pretty otherwise... >_<"

@NogDog: Yes, I fixed the full zipfile in the first post as well. And double-checked it. And then triple-checked it!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Phew! *wipes brow*

Thanks for the initial 'impromptu' beta testers and their quick feedback, and sorry again, that was a very, very dumb mistake! I'm suddenly very glad to have left the default fonts with their default filenames there... It wouldn't have been pretty otherwise... >_<"

@NogDog: Yes, I fixed the full zipfile in the first post as well. And double-checked it. And then triple-checked it!
As they say here on the golf course: You da man!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #45
Daviewolf83
Daviewolf83 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Would it be possible to provide the CModBold fonts? These are the ones I have been using from Tedsans site.

Thank you for providing the updates for the fonts and the screensavers. I finally went ahead and installed version 2.5 of the firmware tonight. I have been holding off until a font hack was available and it is working great. I have my custom screensavers and now I have a way to easily change fonts.
Daviewolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet