Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #31
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Pjama: This is exactly the same method that was used on the Oasis 2 (hell, it's the same method I used back on my PW2 to PoC my JB). You just had a much smaller pool of volunteers and users on the Oasis 2, because of its price, and the lack of fallback serial access. After the fact, the slightly more complex and/or finicky hardware meant software needed a bigger amount of tweaks than what we've had to resort to here (which were minimal, essentially just recognizing it).
Over the years, I’ve used your jailbreaks on my KDX, Paperwhite and Voyage, so I’d like to say a big thank you to you and all the tech people at MR. I lurked for years while following your JB instructions.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #32
Jokera
Jokera began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Quote:
@Jokera: Take a look at the crash.log file in the koreader folder.
---------------------------------------------
launching...
_ _____ ____ _
| |/ / _ \| _ \ ___ __ _ __| | ___ _ __
| ' / | | | |_) / _ \/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \ '__|
| . \ |_| | _ < __/ (_| | (_| | __/ |
|_|\_\___/|_| \_\___|\__,_|\__,_|\___|_|

It's a scroll... It's a codex... It's KOReader!
[*] Current time: 11/14/18-03:36:49[*] Version: v2018.11.1

./luajit: frontend/device/kindle/device.lua:729: unknown Kindle model 00 (0PP)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
frontend/device/kindle/device.lua:729: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'probeDevice'
frontend/device.lua:48: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
frontend/ui/widget/container/widgetcontainer.lua:19: in main chunk
frontend/ui/widget/container/centercontainer.lua:5: in main chunk
frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:19: in main chunk
frontend/ui/widget/buttontable.lua:2: in main chunk
frontend/ui/widget/confirmbox.lua:21: in main chunk
./reader.lua:96: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x000139b1
ffi.load: blitbuffer
ffi.load (warning): libblitbuffer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ffi.load: SDL2
ffi.load (warning): libSDL2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ffi.load: SDL
ffi.load (warning): libSDL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Jokera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Jokera: I did mention the latest *nightly*, not the latest stable .

(Sidebar: It's currently slightly broken, will be fixed in tomorrow's build).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-14-2018 at 01:16 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #34
Jokera
Jokera began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Quote:
@Jokera: I did mention the latest *nightly*, not the latest stable .

(Sidebar: It's currently slightly broken, will be fixed in tomorrow's build).
My bad, thank you, this one works.
Jokera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #35
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just received my Kindle PW4-32GB no SO from Amazon (G000 T608). Sadly, it came with FW 5.10.0.2 (3341680009) and this method didn't work (factory FW was automatically rejected).

P.S.
Per this, my PW4 was manufactured on October 28, 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If this is correct, it works:
"Manufacturer (1) — номер завода производителя. Например, 7 — Foxconn.
Condition (2) — состояние устройства. Новое — 0, восстановленное — 1.
Device (3-4) — устройство. Например, Kindle Fire HD (2013) — D2, Kindle (2014) — C6, Kindle Voyage — 13, Fire TV — 90.
Hardware Revision (5-6) — версия компонентов.
Unit Revision (7-8) — версия изделия.
Year Manufactured (9) — последняя цифра года производства. Например, 2 — 2012, 3 — 2013, 4 — 2014 и т.д.
Week Manufactured (10-11) — номер недели производства (от 01 до 52).
Day Manufactured (12) —день недели производства (от 1 до 7).
Serial Number (13-16) — номер изделия уникальный в рамках одного дня производства."

Last edited by ilovejedd; 11-14-2018 at 10:09 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #36
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just received my Kindle PW4-32GB no SO from Amazon (G000 T608). Sadly, it came with FW 5.10.0.2 (3341680009) and this method didn't work (factory FW was automatically rejected.
Can you try the old method from PW1: copy the factory update.bin to the usb-root and reboot the device with the button NOT diconnecting from the computer?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #37
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Can you try the old method from PW1: copy the factory update.bin to the usb-root and reboot the device with the button NOT diconnecting from the computer?
@SKK PM'ed that he's sending some files to coplate and they might have a factory fw for 5.10.0.2. I'm waiting for that first before I try anything else.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #38
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just received my Kindle PW4-32GB no SO from Amazon (G000 T608). Sadly, it came with FW 5.10.0.2 (3341680009) and this method didn't work (factory FW was automatically rejected).

P.S.
Per this, my PW4 was manufactured on October 28, 2018:
I'll take a look tonight.

I have to ask if you are 100% positive that it shipped with that version, that ther eis no way it could have done a wifi update?
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #39
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I'll take a look tonight.

I have to ask if you are 100% positive that it shipped with that version, that there is no way it could have done a wifi update?
It's never been connected to wifi, so yes, I'm quite positive.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@coplate: there was another early report of someone getting one on 5.10.0.2, FWIW :/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #41
elesko
elesko began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4 soon?
oh no, does that mean we have no way of jb 5.10.0.2 ? i was waiting for black friday to get myself a 8gb pw4. what a shame.
elesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #42
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
I got one with 5.10.0.2.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #43
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesko View Post
oh no, does that mean we have no way of jb 5.10.0.2 ? i was waiting for black friday to get myself a 8gb pw4. what a shame.
I guess we'll see. Just grabbed a PW4-8GB SO from Best Buy hoping they had earlier inventory with 5.10.0.1 but nada.

PW4-32GB non-SO: G000 T608 (manufactured Oct 28, 2018) - 5.10.0.2
PW4-8GB SO: G000 PP08 (manufactured Oct 10, 2018) - 5.10.0.2

Based on current samples, I think the G000 xx07 might have shipped with 5.10.0.1 firmware while the G000 xx08 might have shipped with 5.10.0.2.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #44
elesko
elesko began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4 soon?
there is no way to figure out the series number before buying it right?
elesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #45
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesko View Post
there is no way to figure out the series number before buying it right?
Not if you buy online. The serial number is on the box (bar code), though.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4