Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #61
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Thank you so much to geek1011 and to all the others working on patches, you've made my Clara HD the almost perfect device for me!
Landscape mode works great!

Two questions about possible patches:
Would it be possible to have landscape mode with two different rotations to choose from (90° and 270°)?

And would there be a way to regulate the ComfortLight also by swiping on the right side, like the brightness level by swiping on the left side?
1. I won't be able to allow choosing from the rotations, but I might be able to make a patch to change the rotation all the time.
2. Maybe. I'll have to look into how similar changing the brightness and comfortlight are in the code.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #62
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
geek1011: can you please make this patch (Pocket article delete default to "Pocket Account")? Thanks so much for your continued work.
This is probably not possible without breaking other things. I'll take another look later and see.
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 08:24 AM   #63
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Basically tshering's BAD EYES revisited, which enlarged the font-size in GUI, with a simplify home screen ("Only Reading and My Books") and the addition of other patches (games, some fixes, cover increase...). It is documented (somehow).
KA1/Forma optimised. If you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Note: libnickel part is deprecated.
Warning: You never should use it if you read in Turkish or Japanese.
Use at your own risk, I can't guarantee that it does not cause any issue.
Good luck.
Is it possible to create the patch for Progressive-H?
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #64
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
So, what you want is to have the page turns by tapping swapped depending on the rotation? If so, I can probably easily swap the sides, but making it also depend on the rotation will be hard, unless there is enough extra unused code there I can replace with a check for the rotation.
Yeah, you can say that. I don't know whether you can get the the relative position of screen and the page-turn buttons.

For example, in Reading setting, when I hold Kobo Forma with my right hand, I tap the right side of screen to the next page. So the right side of screen is the closer side to the buttons, the left side of screen is further to the buttons.

And when I hold it using my left, the left side of screen is closer to the buttons, so using my old setting (or Kobo company creates a new setting of this idea, it would be perfect), tapping the left side of screen which is closer to the buttons will go to the next page instead the previous page.

Use the closer or further to the buttons instead of left or right side of screen to turn next or previous page.

I'm not sure whether this is possible.

Last edited by codychan; 11-09-2018 at 11:32 AM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #65
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
2. Maybe. I'll have to look into how similar changing the brightness and comfortlight are in the code.
If possible it would be a great extended feature because I don't like the automatic setting of ComfortLight.

Apart from this your work is great and a very helfpul enhancement of the original firmware. With the patcher the kobo is the best reader for me.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #66
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
Is it possible to create the patch for Progressive-H?
Yes, it's possible (ASAP). I'm out of order . In meantime you can use the previous one (4.11.11911). If you have any problem, doubt or question, don't hesitate.
Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 11-09-2018 at 02:44 PM.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #67
geek1011
Wizard

I was bored, so guess what I made for fun:

libnickel.so.1.0.0_custom.yaml
Code:
Manipulate reading stats:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Always add 10 hours to the reading time every time you close a book.
  # in EventEngine::endReadingSession(*Volume) when recording end of reading session stats, change QDateTime::secsTo calls to a fixed value
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D99A0, FindH: 4F F7 22 EB, ReplaceH: 48 F6 A0 40} # MOV  r0, 0x8ca0    ; 10 hours in seconds in hex
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D99C0, FindH: 4F F7 12 EB, ReplaceH: 48 F6 A0 40} # MOV  r0, 0x8ca0    ; 10 hours in seconds in hex
Old 11-10-2018, 02:59 AM   #68
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thanks a lot, @jcn363 . The previous patch version of the Progressive-H works fine so far.

Get well soon.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #69
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I was bored, so guess what I made for fun:

libnickel.so.1.0.0_custom.yaml
Code:
Manipulate reading stats:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Always add 10 hours to the reading time every time you close a book.
  # in EventEngine::endReadingSession(*Volume) when recording end of reading session stats, change QDateTime::secsTo calls to a fixed value
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D99A0, FindH: 4F F7 22 EB, ReplaceH: 48 F6 A0 40} # MOV  r0, 0x8ca0    ; 10 hours in seconds in hex
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4D99C0, FindH: 4F F7 12 EB, ReplaceH: 48 F6 A0 40} # MOV  r0, 0x8ca0    ; 10 hours in seconds in hex
Someone come up with a patch idea clearly geek101 needs something more to occupy them
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:24 AM   #70
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Someone come up with a patch idea clearly geek101 needs something more to occupy them
There are already a few requests I'm working on. I'm just procrastinating .
Old 11-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #71
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
There are already a few requests I'm working on. I'm just procrastinating .
I know that mode well! Question, a few firmwares back, Kobo made it impossible to track your reading activity without ticking the box in Settings/Energy saving and privacy that reads "Automatically share data about the features you use". I've never liked the sound of that, and keep it unticked, but, as a result, miss being able to track my reading activity.

Sounds like another possible patch?

In any event, with your buttons both advance page patch, you've made the Forma a keeper for me. Thanks again!!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #72
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Sounds like another possible patch?

In any event, with your buttons both advance page patch, you've made the Forma a keeper for me. Thanks again!!
Yes, that should be pretty simple. I'll do it later this week.

No problem!
Old 11-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I know that mode well! Question, a few firmwares back, Kobo made it impossible to track your reading activity without ticking the box in Settings/Energy saving and privacy that reads "Automatically share data about the features you use". I've never liked the sound of that, and keep it unticked, but, as a result, miss being able to track my reading activity.
For the record, Kobo didn't really change anything here. The option was moved and given a different name, but the function hasn't changed. In both versions it turns of stats collection and sharing data to Kobo.

For turning the data sharing without a patch, there are two things you can do. The analytics look to be stored for reporting in two ways. One is in the database, the other is a file.

For the database, there is a function in my Kobo Utilities plugin to add a trigger to the database that deletes these records when they are added. The table is "AnalyticsEvents" if you want to look at thw is reported.

For the file, if you create a directory in place of the file, it should prevent the analytics being stored until they can be sent. The file is "Analytics.conf" in the .kobo/Kobo directory.

I haven't tried either of these for a while, but they should still work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 AM   #74
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
@geek1011
I have another suggestion for a patch, if it is possible.

At the moment the library feature only shows up, if your address in the kobo account is set to special contries. For example the U.S.

Then the library tab shows up and you can use the library in other contries as well. In the case of my SO the library of Berlin, Germany.
The tab is even available in German.

Would it be possible to create a patch to show the library tab independent of the country set for the user account?

Thank you for all of your work.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #75
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Would it be possible to move a settling from developer settings to somewhere else, assuming developer settings are enabled? Specifically the invert screen setting.

I’m skeptical of this being possible but figured I’d ask. Ideally for me it’d be in reader settings.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching