Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #31
hanalee
hanalee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
i don't know if you're using the correct program.

You say:

D:\executables>wisecreator2.exe Moby-Dick.mobi

And the exe program is wisecreator.exe, not wisecreator2.exe

Try to download from:

https://github.com/tmilovanov/wisecr...er/executables

I've check with w10 sucessfully
wisecreator2.exe file is the same file as wisecreator.exe.
I just changed the name.
I want to see what message is displayed when this tool is working properly.
Can I show you how your command prompt message is printed?
hanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #32
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Try to install calibre portable in a folder and execute wisecreator from this folder

Quote:
D:\Archivos de Programas Portables\Calibre Portable\Calibre>wisecreator.exe "D:\Archivos de Programas Portables\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\T. C. Boyle\Tooth and Claw (3)\Tooth and Claw - T. C. Boyle.azw3"
[.] Checking dependenices
[.] Converting mobi 2 mobi to generate ASIN
D:\Archivos de Programas Portables\Calibre Portable\Calibre\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py: 601: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Getting rawml content of the book
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 80174
[.] Processing words: |+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++| 100.0%
[.] Success!
Now copy this folder: "D:\Archivos de Programas Portables\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\T. C. Boyle\Tooth and Claw (3)\Tooth and Claw - T. C. Boyle-WordWised" to your Kindle

D:\Archivos de Programas Portables\Calibre Portable\Calibre>
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #33
hanalee
hanalee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
Try to install calibre portable in a folder and execute wisecreator from this folder
I can not solve this problem for myself.
I will give up.

C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre>wisecreator.exe "C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\Bernard Shaw\Pygmalion (2)\Pygmalion - Bernard Shaw.mobi"
C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py: 601: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 26241
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 395, in <module>
File "main.py", line 359, in main
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6708: illegal multibyte sequence
[1528] Failed to execute script main
hanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:05 AM   #34
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanalee View Post
I can not solve this problem for myself.
I will give up.

C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre>wisecreator.exe "C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\Bernard Shaw\Pygmalion (2)\Pygmalion - Bernard Shaw.mobi"
C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py: 601: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 26241
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6708: illegal multibyte sequence
[1528] Failed to execute script main
Do you have another phyton instalation in your PC?
Can you try in a virtual machine?
Old 08-18-2018, 05:02 AM   #35
Shark69
Zealot

The problem arises when the program try to read the senses.csv file temporally created in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEInnnnnn
This issue can be produce when Python opens text files in the locale default encoding; if that encoding cannot handle the Unicode values. Because of this, I sugest you to try in other machine.
The problem could be solved if you change line 358 in the script:

with open(senses_path, 'rt') as f:

for

with open(senses_path, 'rt', encoding='UTF-8')
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #36
Bulu009
Bulu009 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Sir,

If wordwise files created from a mobi book, will it work with the converted azw3 version of same book which will be in Kindle? I create x-ray files from azw3 version... Can you please tell me?
Bulu009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #37
fbmob
fbmob began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lertr View Post
Hi there!

Your files work perfectly for me. However, whenever I copy those files into my Kindle, the cover of my books disappear? Does anyone of you guys have this problem, and how to fix it please?

I really love having my covers on all of my books. Thank you so much!
I also would very much like this... I tried every possible way of renaming, adding cover via calibre to a wised file, etc etc... no matter what I try, it is either the cover OR word wise... could anyone bypass that? can it be fixed?

fbmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #38
fbmob

I think I found the answer to my own and lertr's question!!
I'll write here before I forget after like 10 hours of attempts (yes... I know...)

0) load your mobi into calibre and make sure you are happy with all the metadata (title, author, cover, etc) as you cannot change anything of the file at all after you wise-process it.

1) take the file from the calibre library folder, copy it somewhere else (say your desktop) and process it with wisecreator / wisecreator.exe
2) remove the old mobi from calibre deleting it via calibre interface itself (just select and hit delete, to be clear )
2) add the new mobi from desktop\title*wordwised folder to calibre library via calibre > add

NOTE: from here on, the file cannot be edited: the md5 of the calibre library must not change or you will loose either the cover or wordwise (can't recall which)

3) send to kindle: use calibre > send to main memory

OPTIONAL: use MOBIeditor v1.1.exe to verify that the process didn't mess with the asin code in the metadata (i.e.: the asin of the mobi on your kindle is the same as the asin on your WordWised folder. If you did everything fine, this should be unnecessary

5) add the .kll file ( from the sdr subfolder of your WordWised mobi - to your Kindle\documents\author\book\book*.sdr folder)

IMPORTANT: do Never move them again... whatever you do, don't rename or move anything in those kindle folders... even if you move them back, they will loose their cover and you will have to repeat everything from scratch

--- I tried this with 6 books and they are all hits, the process works for me: kindl paperwhite 4, windows 10, calibre 3.34

Last edited by fbmob; 11-18-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #39
hwanjongyu
Enthusiast
hwanjongyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20 / Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1lovanovt View Post
Hello to everyone!

I've created a tool for generating word wise information for third-party .mobi books. I've created it for personal use, but I'll be glad if someone finds it useful. There are number of significant flaws in it, so If there is a person who would like to contribute to it, it'll be great too. Script has been tested only for a dozen books from my own library on my Linux mint 17 x64 and my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015).

Updated version

Executables (ZIP is too big to put in attachment):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3so1hpw8xf...ables.zip?dl=0

Source code:
https://github.com/tmilovanov/wisecreator
I change my operating system to Ubuntu using this script.
I want to using it with ASW3.
Do you have any plan to support KF8?
I tried remove newline of book content but location is different.
I don't have any information how word wise works, so I can't finish it.
Please let me know when you fix it.
Thanks.

Last edited by hwanjongyu; 11-19-2018 at 02:24 PM.
hwanjongyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:59 AM   #40
fbmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbmob View Post
I think I found the answer to my own and lertr's question!!
I'll write here before I forget after like 10 hours of attempts (yes... I know...)

0) load your mobi into calibre and make sure you are happy with all the metadata (title, author, cover, etc) as you cannot change anything of the file at all after you wise-process it.

1) take the file from the calibre library folder, copy it somewhere else (say your desktop) and process it with wisecreator / wisecreator.exe
2) remove the old mobi from calibre deleting it via calibre interface itself (just select and hit delete, to be clear )
2) add the new mobi from desktop\title*wordwised folder to calibre library via calibre > add

NOTE: from here on, the file cannot be edited: the md5 of the calibre library must not change or you will loose either the cover or wordwise (can't recall which)

3) send to kindle: use calibre > send to main memory

OPTIONAL: use MOBIeditor v1.1.exe to verify that the process didn't mess with the asin code in the metadata (i.e.: the asin of the mobi on your kindle is the same as the asin on your WordWised folder. If you did everything fine, this should be unnecessary

5) add the .kll file ( from the sdr subfolder of your WordWised mobi - to your Kindle\documents\author\book\book*.sdr folder)

IMPORTANT: do Never move them again... whatever you do, don't rename or move anything in those kindle folders... even if you move them back, they will loose their cover and you will have to repeat everything from scratch

--- I tried this with 6 books and they are all hits, the process works for me: kindl paperwhite 4, windows 10, calibre 3.34

Stop at 5) if you don't need XRAY, or proceed if you want xray too

6) go on amazon and get the actual asin for the book (kindle format)

7) make a copy of the mobi, edit it with MOBIeditor v1.1.exe and replace the asin with a new one. Rename the file to dummy.mobi

8) unplug the kindle, open the book dummy, wait until the kindle downloads all the data and xray becomes available

9) plug the kindle via USB, go into dummy.sdr folder, copy all files and paste them into the sdr folder of the wordwised book

10) replace the ASIN string in the name of the files you pasted so that they match the ASIN string of the .kll file
(eg: LanguageLayer.en.abcde12f-g345-678h-fi95-050c090655e5.kll >>>
AuthorProfile.profile.abcde12f-g345-678h-fi95-050c090655e5.asc
XRAY.entities.abcde12f-g345-678h-fi95-050c090655e5.asc )

11) unplug the kindle again and enjoy your ww-xray-cover ebook

Last edited by fbmob; 11-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #41
htrung4
htrung4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2017, Ipad 2018
Can any one tell me how to run it in windows 10? I follow the instruction of "Windows: wisecreator.exe PATH_TO_YOUR_MOBI_BOOK" but it failed to work:
================================================== ==
PS D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\wisecreator-master\executables> .\ewisecreator.exe D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\Brexit_ European Union, American Empire - Pelle Neroth Taylor.mobi .\ewisecreator.exe : The term '.\ewisecreator.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\ewisecreator.exe D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\ ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\ewisecreator.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
=============================================
htrung4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #42
m1lovanovt
m1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htrung4 View Post
Can any one tell me how to run it in windows 10? I follow the instruction of "Windows: wisecreator.exe PATH_TO_YOUR_MOBI_BOOK" but it failed to work:
================================================== ==
PS D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\wisecreator-master\executables> .\ewisecreator.exe D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\Brexit_ European Union, American Empire - Pelle Neroth Taylor.mobi .\ewisecreator.exe : The term '.\ewisecreator.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\ewisecreator.exe D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\ ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\ewisecreator.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
=============================================
Hi!

Why is it "ewisecreator.exe", no "wisecreator.exe"?
Also on windows you must no use ./ to run something, you just type the name of the program. So in your case it should be

D:\Studying\ebook\Kindle paperwhite 2016\software\wisecreator-master\executables>wisecreator.exe PATH_TO_YOUR_MOBI_BOOK
m1lovanovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:37 AM   #43
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Does this script somehow work on azw3 files?
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #44
m1lovanovt
m1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xversion1 View Post
Does this script somehow work on azw3 files?
Currently no, it works only for .mobi files
m1lovanovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:23 AM   #45
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I tried several books but always got this error:

[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 33956
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 3314: ordinal not in range(128)
[2336] Failed to execute script main

Is there a way to get it works. I think my computer has both python2 and python3.
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
word wise