Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #16
jolit
jolit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
Excuse me
I've installed Calibre but when I try to run the program, it gives me error(attachment)
and does this work for amazon's android kindle app?

i have the same problem. how did you fix it?please explain in details
jolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #17
AmirHXe
AmirHXe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolit View Post
i have the same problem. how did you fix it?please explain in details
I just changed my OS! (I think that's the only solution)
AmirHXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2018, 05:52 AM   #18
jolit
jolit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
I just changed my OS! (I think that's the only solution)
Thank you for your answer. I almost did the same .I installed Linux mint 17 on my windows by virtualbox and it worked.
jolit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:05 AM   #19
Yanchao
Yanchao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis2017
I have a problem,and dont know why
Yanchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #20
m1lovanovt
m1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'm1lovanovt knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Frequent error "(WinError 31) A device attached to the system is not functioning" was fixed. Executables are updated.
m1lovanovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #21
avalanche
avalanche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Great work! Could you upload the Mac executable? Thanks!
avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #22
lertr
lertr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic 8th
Hi there!

Your files work perfectly for me. However, whenever I copy those files into my Kindle, the cover of my books disappear? Does anyone of you guys have this problem, and how to fix it please?

I really love having my covers on all of my books. Thank you so much!
lertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #23
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hi:
I've used your program to generate word wise information, but I've a problem. When I transfer the files to the device, the words are not correct. Could be a problem related with the dictionary. Which one should be used?
See enclosed picture

I've realized that word wise information is using the first Engish dictionary charged in the device independiently of the English dictionary selected for this language. The English dictionary selected is the one used for other word no selected in word wise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-08-11 at 14.11.53.jpeg
Views:	731
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	165516  

Last edited by Shark69; 08-11-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:21 AM   #24
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
Hi:
I've used your program to generate word wise information, but I've a problem. When I transfer the files to the device, the words are not correct. Could be a problem related with the dictionary. Which one should be used?
See enclosed picture

I've realized that word wise information is using the first Engish dictionary charged in the device independiently of the English dictionary selected for this language. The English dictionary selected is the one used for other word no selected in word wise.
In the code I see the dictionary you use to construct senses.csv is related with devices sold in USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
As my device was sold in Spain, perhaps I haven't installed the needed dictionaty.
Which is this dictionary? How do you create senses.csv file?
Old 08-13-2018, 05:18 AM   #25
Shark69
Zealot

Anyone can provide me with the file
\system\kll\kll.en.en.klld
to check the diferences with mine?

Last edited by Shark69; 08-13-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #26
Shark69
Zealot

Problem solved. I was using azw3 files and the scripts only accept mobi files.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #27
hanalee
hanalee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
It does not work on Windows.
It is a message that appears at the command prompt.
Is there a solution?

D:\executables>wisecreator2.exe KindlePaperwhiteUsersGuide.mobi
[.] Checking dependenices
[.] Converting mobi 2 mobi to generate ASIN
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:60 1: UnicodeWarning:
Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpret
ing them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Getting rawml content of the book
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 13475
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 395, in <module>
File "main.py", line 359, in main
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6708: illeg
al multibyte sequence
[5900] Failed to execute script main
hanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #28
Shark69
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanalee View Post
It does not work on Windows.
It is a message that appears at the command prompt.
Is there a solution?

D:\executables>wisecreator2.exe KindlePaperwhiteUsersGuide.mobi
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:60 1: UnicodeWarning:
Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpret
ing them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 13475
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6708: illeg
al multibyte sequence
[5900] Failed to execute script main
Try with another book. This problem seems due to the book.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #29
hanalee
hanalee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
Try with another book. This problem seems due to the book.
Thank you for answer.
I have tested several books here.
But the result was the same.

D:\executables>wisecreator2.exe Moby-Dick.mobi
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 150998
al multibyte sequence
[3028] Failed to execute script main
hanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #30
Shark69
Zealot

i don't know if you're using the correct program.

You say:

D:\executables>wisecreator2.exe Moby-Dick.mobi

And the exe program is wisecreator.exe, not wisecreator2.exe

Try to download from:

https://github.com/tmilovanov/wisecr...er/executables

I've check with w10 sucessfully

Tags
word wise