Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Caught up with the latest changes, sent PR #1 to fix import/export from/to the legacy json format .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #47
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Well, I removed the bash script, and tweaked the logging a little.
I updated the first post with a new .bin for testing.
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #48
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Caught up with the latest changes, sent PR #1 to fix import/export from/to the legacy json format .
Great, I just merged it. I guess I should have waited a few minutes before making the 1.3 update
Old 09-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remind me to update the Kindle Collection Plugin once we've established that everything works fine .

@barsanuphe: Eh . I also pushed a minor tweak to some comments possibly 0.004s after the merge ;p.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #50
barsanuphe
Connoisseur

I stealthily changed the 1.3 bin with a post-merge version. Unfortunately, anyone installing it will have to face poor grammar in a few comments.
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Hahaha ^^.

Déformation professionnelle, désolé .
Old 09-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!

PR #2 should make working with the Calibre plugin in incremental updates mode much faster .
Old 09-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Its "tuple" not "couples" but nobody ever reads the comments.
(An ordered set in English and maybe even in Python.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #54
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Yep, also tuple in Python. It actually switched to tuple for a while, but I actually like the idea of 'couple', since it was mostly meant in a general sense, and not in a Python data type mindset .
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #55
barsanuphe
Connoisseur

@NiLuJe: I looked at your PR#2 and noticed you only wanted to speed things up when updating with the calibre plugin .

I tried to shift the detection of actual changes in the Ebook and Collection classes, so that both sources of updates can benefit from this. I pushed an update that should achieve this: in my tests, updating twice from the same source does nothing the second time. Still, could you check if it works for you as in your PR?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@barsanuphe: I started by actually dealing with the peculiarities of the incremental setting of the Calibre plugin (which basically only puts modified collections in the json db instead of the full set), but I did indeed wonder if it could be made more general... I'll check it out tomorrow .

Completely unrelated: I'm testing on a Touch, so I can attest that it works on earlier devices. It's up to date so on FW 5.3, but, OTOH, nothing ground-breaking happened on that front in that FW, so it should be okay on 5.0/5.1/5.2... .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-08-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #57
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@barsanuphe: Works like a charm, thanks! .

EDIT: Updated the Kindle Collections Calbre plugin to mention LS where appropriate .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #58
barsanuphe
Connoisseur

Great!
I merged your updated PR#2 and made a .bin package for v1.4.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #59
originalgabriel
originalgabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation
Can't seem to install

Quick question.

I'm tying to install this in order to more easily manage my collections.

My Kindle Paperwhite is jailbroken, MKK is installed, KUAL is installed, and Python is installed.

The directions state to place the 'librariansync' folder into the
'extensions' folder on the Kindle, however librariansync-1.4.tar.gz does not contain a 'librariansync' folder, but an 'Update_librariansync_1.4_pw2.bin' file. I figured that that was an update file, so I placed it at the root of my device, but "Update Your Kindle" wasn't an option; I instead tried to place that in a 'LibrarySync' folder within the 'extensions' folder, but nothing showed up.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
originalgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgabriel View Post
Quick question.

I'm tying to install this in order to more easily manage my collections.

My Kindle Paperwhite is jailbroken, MKK is installed, KUAL is installed, and Python is installed.

The directions state to place the 'librariansync' folder into the
'extensions' folder on the Kindle, however librariansync-1.4.tar.gz does not contain a 'librariansync' folder, but an 'Update_librariansync_1.4_pw2.bin' file. I figured that that was an update file, so I placed it at the root of my device, but "Update Your Kindle" wasn't an option; I instead tried to place that in a 'LibrarySync' folder within the 'extensions' folder, but nothing showed up.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Your info box says you have a Generation 1 Paperwhite;
The filename of the install file says it is for the Generation 2 Paperwhite.

See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083
Bullet #4
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync