Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #391
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The two are entirely orthogonal (LS and KOReader, I mean), so I'm afraid it's most likely a case of PEBCAK: you somehow did something wrong somewhere, and it's going to be pretty hard to psychic debug that one in your place .

I can only say that, yeah, with a non-git version of LS, you'd probably end up with broken status printing, so, that, at least was to be expected .
Yeah. Is there a way for me to debug it? Cause I'm scratching my head right now and though I can read a bit of python I'm still about the whole thing. Also, I think I borked something somewhere cause now it's not working on kindle (YAY ME - I should be a playtester )

But thanks, I think I understand it...I did something now I just wish I knew what it is. Wish I can read Kindle's mind. SPeak to me oh wonderful e-reader
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #392
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Besides running the same commands as the KUAL extension, but in a terminal over SSH, where you'll see everything if shit goes boom, not really, no :/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #393
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Besides running the same commands as the KUAL extension, but in a terminal over SSH, where you'll see everything if shit goes boom, not really, no :/.
Bummer - BUT - I did a clean install of KUAL and python, etc BUT I did not install KOreader. Once I did the above and reinstalled librariansync and then copy-pasted the updated github files the "LibrarianSync: Done in 60 seconds" indicator is back!

I think something in KOreader must've have override or borked something (mystery of the ages). I don't use it as much since all of my books are in mobi/azw format, so...yeah, I'm so happy it's back! This plug-in is a goddamn lifesaver!
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #394
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Wouldn't it also be possible to use kterm ?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 AM   #395
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
My KOA2 is now on 5.10.1.1 after an intermediate update to 5.9.7

I observed on my device that the librariansync from GITHUB does not show any output. Trying to install the last mrpi version librariansync-1.10.tar failed and the package was destroyed (to be expected as it is now obsolete).

Removed all the KUAL extensions including the mrpi folders an installed everything again, still no display.

I copied the librariansync folder from another Kindle PW3 which was installed with mrpi and this works, the output is displayed in the middle part of the screen.

When I copied the GITHUB version on my PW3 also on 5.10.1.1 librariansync works too and the output is on the bottom of the screen.

Checked with a Voyager KV on 5.10.1.1 same as above GITHUB version is fine.

There seems to be a subtle problem with the KOA2 on 5.10.1.1 and the current GITHUB version of librariansync alas with a work-around.
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #396
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're going to have to launch it manually in a shell to get me the terminal output, because that makes no sense, unless you borked the post update stuff on your Oasis 2, with old packages, for instance.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #397
makue
Custom User Title

Would this help?

[root@kindle librariansync]# python generate_collections.py --update-calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "generate_collections.py", line 16, in <module>
from cc_update import CCUpdate
File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/cc_update.py", line 6, in <module>
from kindle_logging import log, LIBRARIAN_SYNC
File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_logging.py", line 59, in <module>
elif kmodel_v2 in pw3_devcodes or kmodel_v2 in koa_devcodes or kmodel_v2 in pw4_devcodes:
NameError: name 'pw4_devcodes' is not defined
[root@kindle librariansync]#
Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #398
makue
Custom User Title

Problem solved:

In "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_logging.py", line 59
the definition was "pw4_devcode" and not "pw4_devocdes"
after adding the "s" everything's fine again even on my KOA2

When I look at the GITHUB file as it is today, the sourcecode has no reference to PW4 at all and is working too.

Now I'm asking myself wherefrom I've loaded this "special" version on last thursday...

Last edited by makue; 11-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #399
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@makue: Ooops.

My bad .
I'll fix it later tonight, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-11-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #400
marrco
Enthusiast
marrco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
Quote:
@makue: Ooops.

My bad .
I'll fix it later tonight, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Done.
works on pw4 w/ 5.10.1.2
marrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #401
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@NiLuJe Hi!
Can you please help me to figure out why LibrarianSync doesn't work for me?

I have Kindle Paperwhite 3 (0G1) with 5.9.7 (successfully Jailbroken and hot-fixed this week while on its out-of-box 5.9.6.1).
Installed Python: latest from your snapshots, kindle-python-0.15.N-r15585.tar.xz.
Installed LibrarianSync: copied github folder from your fork.
WinSCP and its ssh help me to execute scripts on Kindle.

1) I tried to rebuild collections from folders. Kindle said 'Something went very wrong' in the bottom left corner. Here is the log from WinSCP:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync$ ./generate_collections.py --folders
update_to_display: update_mode=PARTIAL, wave_mode=257 inverted=0
eips: pixel_in_range> (1088, 1416) pixel not in range (0..1072, 0..1448)
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 318, in <module>
    source="folders")
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 233, in update_cc_db
    cc.execute()
  File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/cc_update.py", line 112, in execute
    proxies={'no': 'pass'})
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 116, in post
    return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
    prep = self.prepare_request(req)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
    hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
    self.prepare_url(url, params)
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 396, in prepare_url
    if not unicode_is_ascii(host):
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/_internal_utils.py", line 37, in unicode_is_ascii
    assert isinstance(u_string, str)
AssertionError
2) Then I created all collections manually on Kindle. This is my backup of cc.db from /var/local/ and exported_collections.json. Looks like LibrarianSync's export feature worked OK. Terminal output only gave me eips details, Kindle said "Done in xx s". So Python is working, overall. SQLite Database Browser showed me contents OK, about 700 books in 'Collections' table.

3) Now, I removed just one book from a collection and tried to update collections from collections.json (renamed from exported_collections.json above, put in extensions directory). It gives me the same 'Something went very wrong':
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync$ ./generate_collections.py --update
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 313, in <module>
    source="librarian")
    cc.execute()
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 116, in post
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 396, in prepare_url
  File "/mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/_internal_utils.py", line 37, in unicode_is_ascii
AssertionError
My collections are intact.

Any ideas?

P.S. My Kindle is new and properly registered with Amazon.

P.S.2 Trying in Airplane mode doesn't help.

Last edited by mergen3107; 12-15-2018 at 06:13 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #402
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
These errors are awfully similar to what I got on PW4.

Details here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313408

For me it also works on export but errors on update!

Last edited by fllc; 12-15-2018 at 04:58 PM.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #403
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@NiLuJe Hi!
Can you please help me to figure out why LibrarianSync doesn't work for me?

I have Kindle Paperwhite 3 (0G1) with 5.9.7 (successfully Jailbroken and hot-fixed this week while on its out-of-box 5.9.6.1).
Installed Python: latest from your snapshots, kindle-python-0.15.N-r15585.tar.xz.
Installed LibrarianSync: copied github folder from your fork.
WinSCP and its ssh help me to execute scripts on Kindle.

1) I tried to rebuild collections from folders. Kindle said 'Something went very wrong' in the bottom left corner. Here is the log from WinSCP:
Spoiler:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync$ ./generate_collections.py --folders
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 318, in <module>
    source="folders")
    cc.execute()
AssertionError

2) Then I created all collections manually on Kindle. This is my backup of cc.db from /var/local/ and exported_collections.json. Looks like LibrarianSync's export feature worked OK. Terminal output only gave me eips details, Kindle said "Done in xx s". So Python is working, overall. SQLite Database Browser showed me contents OK, about 700 books in 'Collections' table.

3) Now, I removed just one book from a collection and tried to update collections from collections.json (renamed from exported_collections.json above, put in extensions directory). It gives me the same 'Something went very wrong':
Spoiler:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync$ ./generate_collections.py --update
  File "./generate_collections.py", line 313, in <module>
    source="librarian")
    cc.execute()
AssertionError

My collections are intact.

Any ideas?

P.S. My Kindle is new and properly registered with Amazon.
By any chance do you have wi-fi connected? LibrarianSync doesn't work for me unless I'm in airplane mode.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #404
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I tried it from KUAL with Airplane just now.
No result: neither update nor folder work.

I'll try to get some logs when I fix my USBnet (currently it works only in Wi-Fi ssh somehow).

Update: So I fixed my USBnet on Kindle, but the logs are identically the same, Airplane mode is on.

Last edited by mergen3107; 12-15-2018 at 06:44 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:35 PM   #405
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Probably a (temporary?) snafu due to the state of requests & co the last time I rebuilt python.

I'll see how it behaves on my end.

EDIT: @mergen3107: Just to double-check: you're still on FW 5.9.6.1? factory or production?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-16-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync