Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 12:53 AM   #391
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think they use a roulette wheel with the categories printed on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It does look like that sometimes.
I just did a once-over of Samsung's audiobook selections.

Maybe the roulette wheel idea is correct. If so, the wheel apparently doesn't have "non-fiction" as one of the categories, nor any specific kind of non-fiction as one of its categories.

Or possibly the wheel is rigged--"non-fiction" and some of its subcategories do show on the wheel, but the wheel is rigged, to where the wheel will never land on any of those categories. People can do that, you know. I would call for an investigation, and a special counsel, and the whole nine yards, to look into it, but I don't see any point to it now--the program is going to bite the dust in a few days anyway.

I tell you, the brains of Americans are slowly turning into mush, what with them reading and listening to this fiction stuff. Turning to mush . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-09-2018 at 01:10 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #392
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
When I logged in to check this month's choices, I got a message that the program was ending as of Nov. 1. Can't find any further details about why it's ending - anybody hear anything?
Quote:
Thanks for catching that. This is the first I've heard of it. Here is the message in full:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thank you for alerting us, ktredshoes, and for posting the details, tubemonkey. R.I.P., Samsung Book Deals.

FYI, that notice was not visible on October 1, at the time I posted this month's deals. After reading your posts this evening, I searched, unsuccessfully, for news about this development. Has anyone received an email on the subject?
I got an email (two days ago) and just noticed it today.

Spoiler:
Quote:
We wanted to let you know that October is the last month you will be able to redeem one free book via Samsung Book Deals. As of November 1, 2018, Samsung Book Deals will no longer be available. Thank you for participating – any books you have previously redeemed are yours to keep, and will continue to appear in your library after the program ends.

As a Prime member, you get early access to Editors' Picks and can choose one free Kindle book each month with Amazon First Reads.

- The Kindle team
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #393
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Thank you, gabby98.

After reading your post, I searched my email for the phrase, "October is the last month". Turns out, store-news@amazon.com also emailed me that message, dated October 10, 2018 @ 10:29 PM.

Like multiple Samsung offerings that have come and gone since I became a Samsung smartphone owner, the Kindle For Samsung Book Deals program was nice while it lasted.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #394
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I also received the email on the 10th. Sad to see it go - but at least we still have the first reads thing!
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #395
alee
Connoisseur
alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Out of curiosity, I checked the Kindle for Samsung app today, and at the bottom main page where it shows the covers of your purchased books, I selected the Samsung Book Deals tab.

It showed four new books:

Key Witness (Emily Etcitty Book 1) by Sandra Bolton

Here in My Heart: A Novella (An Echoes of the Heart Novella Book 1) by Anna DeStefano

Girl on the Moon by Jack McDonald Burnett

The Undesirables by Chad Thumann

If instead, you select Samsung Book Deals from the menu, you'll just see the message about the program shutting down.

Anyway, I decided to buy Girl on the Moon, and I got it for $0.00, and the other books then showed as $1.99. It seems to me that they had already selected the books for November when the program was cancelled, and they're still showing up in the app. I don't know when these will go away. Perhaps tomorrow, since the program ends Nov. 1, today (not Oct. 31.)

I also noticed while getting the URL's that Amazon's current price for all of these selections is $0.99, except for Girl on the Moon, which is $3.99.
alee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #396
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
Out of curiosity, I checked the Kindle for Samsung app today, and at the bottom main page where it shows the covers of your purchased books, I selected the Samsung Book Deals tab.

> snip <

If instead, you select Samsung Book Deals from the menu, you'll just see the message about the program shutting down.

Anyway, I decided to buy Girl on the Moon, and I got it for $0.00, and the other books then showed as $1.99. It seems to me that they had already selected the books for November when the program was cancelled, and they're still showing up in the app. I don't know when these will go away. Perhaps tomorrow, since the program ends Nov. 1, today (not Oct. 31.)

I also noticed while getting the URL's that Amazon's current price for all of these selections is $0.99, except for Girl on the Moon, which is $3.99.
Great find - thanks a lot! I never knew that tab existed. I believe you're correct about why this offer is available today.

I went with Girl on the Moon too. An easy pick.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-01-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #397
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Quote:
Great find - thanks a lot! I never knew that tab existed. I believe you're correct about why this offer is available today.

I went with Girl on the Moon too. An easy pick.
I bought one of those thinking it was free . But I was charged . Most of the books on the Samsung offer have not been brilliant books.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #398
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
I bought one of those thinking it was free . But I was charged . Most of the books on the Samsung offer have not been brilliant books.
Did you buy it from a Samsung device?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #399
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post

It showed four new books:

Key Witness (Emily Etcitty Book 1) by Sandra Bolton

Here in My Heart: A Novella (An Echoes of the Heart Novella Book 1) by Anna DeStefano

Girl on the Moon by Jack McDonald Burnett

The Undesirables by Chad Thumann

Great discovery, alee! Checking Samsung Book Deals from the Kindle for Samsung app menu, this morning, indicated the program had ended in October (and no selections were offered). However, as you posted, scrolling to the bottom of the app's home page, and from there selecting Samsung Book Deals, reveals the last four ever selections, and a message which states:
Quote:
Samsung Book Deals ends Nov 1.
Choose one free book each month with Samsung Book Deals. This program ends on Nov. 1, 2018.
All four books are "Read For Free" selections for Amazon Prime and Kindle Unlimited members, and Here in My Heart: A Novella (An Echoes of the Heart Novella Book 1) is a "Read and Listen For Free" selection.

R.I.P. (again), Samsung Book Deals.

Last edited by Froide; 11-02-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: expanded details
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:15 AM   #400
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Quote:
Did you buy it from a Samsung device?
Yes I bought it from my Samsung phone .In the UK
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #401
DrD123
Connoisseur
DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrD123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Still works for me, too - weird!
DrD123 is offline   Reply With Quote