Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #46
Leir
Enthusiast
Leir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
no, you did it right.
If i try to paste the update_linkss_0.1.N_install file into the root again, will it have any adverse effects? Cos I did that once and I think it failed, would it be like installing it twice if I tried again?
Leir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #47
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leir View Post
If i try to paste the update_linkss_0.1.N_install file into the root again, will it have any adverse effects? Cos I did that once and I think it failed, would it be like installing it twice if I tried again?
no it doesn't do anything wrong.
but to be sure you may:
  • redownload the zip file
  • restart your Kindle
  • copy the file, and try again
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #48
Leir
Enthusiast

@thomass Thanks! Its working now! Um, one last question. When I put my wallpapers into the screensavers folder, do i have to rename them to anything? Also, do they automatically shuffle?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #49
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@thomass Thanks! Its working now! Um, one last question. When I put my wallpapers into the screensavers folder, do i have to rename them to anything? Also, do they automatically shuffle?
No need to rename the files. But they should be in png format. (and to display them correctly they should be in resolution 758x1024 also)

To shuffle the screensavers you should unzip this file(FileToRandomizeSS.zip) into your linkss folder. This will shuffle your screensavers around on each boot.

Last edited by thomass; 11-02-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #50
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Leir
They have to be sequentially numbered and be PNG files
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #51
Leir
Enthusiast

Quote:
No need to rename the file. But they should be in png format. (and to display them correctly they should be in resolution 758x1024 also)

To shuffle the screensavers you should unzip this file(Attachment 95316) into your linkss folder. This will shuffle your screensavers around on each boot.
If I did not put that file in my linkss folder, will my 5 screensavers still cycle everytime i put my kindle to sleep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Leir
They have to be sequentially numbered and be PNG files
Can I have a format for the numbered names? Do I name them as 001, 002 and so on?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #52
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bg_medium_ss00
bg_medium_ss01
bg_medium_ss02
etc

Oh and yes, the screen saver will cycle every time, that just randomises the files in the folder.
so:
bg_medium_ss00 could become bg_medium_ss80
bg_medium_ss02 could become bg_medium_ss00
(assuming you have 80 images of course)
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #53
Leir
Enthusiast

Quote:
bg_medium_ss00
bg_medium_ss01
bg_medium_ss02
etc

Oh and yes, the screen saver will cycle every time, that just randomises the files in the folder.
so:
bg_medium_ss00 could become bg_medium_ss80
bg_medium_ss02 could become bg_medium_ss00
(assuming you have 80 images of course)
Thank you!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #54
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
If I did not put that file in my linkss folder, will my 5 screensavers still cycle everytime i put my kindle to sleep?

Can I have a format for the numbered names? Do I name them as 001, 002 and so on?
they always cycle. this file only enables to reshuffle on each restart only.

AFAIK there is no need to rename them but it does no harm.

Last edited by thomass; 11-02-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #55
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Lier for them to display properly they need to be:
758x1024 resolution
smaller and you'll get part of the last page you looked at
larger and the whole image won't display
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #56
Leir
Enthusiast

Quote:
it always cycle. this file only enables to reshuffle on each restart only.

AFAIK there is no need to rename them but it does no harm.
Um, the screensavers did not display themselves before I renamed them
Quote:
Lier for them to display properly they need to be:
758x1024 resolution
smaller and you'll get part of the last page you looked at
larger and the whole image won't display
When I edited them in paint, the only resolution I could get was 767x1024 when retaining aspect ratio.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #57
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Um, the screensavers did not display themselves before I renamed them
Did you restart you Kindle after copying them?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #58
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
When I edited them in paint, the only resolution I could get was 767x1024 when retaining aspect ratio.
you can crop them after rescaling
Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #59
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

They won't display unless they are named correctly.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #60
Leir
Enthusiast

Quote:
Did you restart you Kindle after copying them?
yep. to no avail. But they're working now yipee! I think my wallpapers take up more space than my books

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch