Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Akirainblack: Yep, they're backed up in the linkss/backups folder .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Ah, excellent, will have a look a little later.
I haven't had a chance to have a nosey around as I'm at work and for some reason they want me to do some work, rather inconsiderate really.
Thanks again NiLuJe
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@NiLuJe, it works, thanks for your effort.

btw, i've also installed Ehhh's screensaver toggle https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...le+screensaver, but it works only with KT's original screensaver. is there a way to make it work with your screensaver. what should i change in Ehhh's script to make it compatible. thanks.

here's the script
Spoiler:
#!/bin/sh

# Ehh..

_BLANKET_LIPC_NAME="com.lab126.blanket"
_BLANKET_LIPC_LOAD="load"

source /etc/upstart/env
source /etc/upstart/functions
source /etc/upstart/blanket_functions

LIST_PATH="/mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/bin"

if [ -f "$LIST_PATH/list_modules" ]; then
echo list_modules was created before...
else
MODULE_LIST=$(lipc-get-prop $_BLANKET_LIPC_NAME $_BLANKET_LIPC_LOAD -s)
echo $MODULE_LIST
echo $MODULE_LIST > $LIST_PATH/list_modules
fi

blanket_module_load() {
local MODULE= $1
for M in $MODULE_LIST; do
if [ "$M" == "$1" ]; then
echo module $1 was loaded before...
return;
fi
done
echo Load module $1
f_blanket_load_module $1
}

blanket_module_unload() {
local MODULE= $1
for M in $MODULE_LIST; do
if [ "$M" == "$1" ]; then
echo Unload module $1
f_blanket_unload_module $1
return;
fi
done
echo $1 was not loaded before...
}

case "$1" in
"E")
blanket_module_load screensaver
blanket_module_load ad_screensaver
;;
"D")
echo $MODULE_LIST > list_modules

blanket_module_unload screensaver
blanket_module_unload ad_screensaver
;;
esac
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@yiming: AFAICT, blanket shouldn't be able to tell that us apart, I see no reason why that wouldn't work (or, more precisely, work differently than without the hack). (Now, with Yifan's original complete SS hack with a custom blanket module, yes, but simple_screensaver and this, nope).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-01-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@NiLuJe,

I'm ready to start looking at my Calibre Copy Cover plugin to accommodate your changes for Kindle Touch/Paperwhite screensavers. It will be trivial to add a 758x1024 screensize option to the configuration screen.

Although I've read through this thread I still need clarification on a few things. Rather than clog up this thread with details I'll ask via PM if that's OK.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jackie_w: No problem .
Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #22
etiz
etiz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks SO much for the proper 758x1024 resolution info. My resized images are now happy on my Kindle Paperwhite. (I don't know how I missed that!)
etiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
Mikeu48
Mikeu48 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite e-book
Several weeks ago I installed the jailbreak 1.6.N on my Paperwhite. A new book appeared confirming that my device was jailbroken.
I thought I might have to exchange my paperwhite for a new one (screen issues) and I attempted to uninstall the jailbreak without sucess. I was advised (don't remember who) to just reset the device which I did. Everythings works as normal.
I found out the screen issues I had were normal (Shadows at the bottom by the LEDS) so I kept what I had and attemped to do the jailbreak again. After several attemps, following the insturctions exactly, the jailbreak doesn't take. I have version 5.2.0. I copied the data.tar.gx to the kindle root directory, removed the USB cable and Home-Menu-Settings-Menu-Restart and the jailbreak doesn't take. Tried the Restart several times in a row.No new book appears saying my device was jailbroken and the data.tar.gz still shows in the Kindle root.....
Any Ideas????
Mikeu48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
Excrucibo
Excrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshesExcrucibo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 5.2.0 WiFi + 3G
Is there a way to remove the stock screensaver images using this hack?
By the way, I don't see any images in the linkss/backups folder you're referring to.
Excrucibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
alaskazimm
alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook Touch Glow; Kindle Paperwhite 2
Screensaver is last open page . . .

First, thank you for these hacks

But I am having a rather unique problem with this one. I installed the jailbreak 1.6.N and got the new book. Installed the screensaver hack and have the new folders. But when I upload the resized pictures, they get shuffled off to the discarded folder and the screensaver is the last page open.

It did this with pics at 768x1024 and at 758x1024.

alaskazimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Mikeu48: You're using the wrong file. Check the first post (of the JailBreak) again, then look at your device name/FW version, it should be obvious .

@Excrucibo: What? Err, that's kinda the point. And the folder is populated by the hack on the first run, so, if you don't use it, that folder's obviously empty/doesn't even exists.

@alaskazimm: Make sure you're using png files, everything else (jpg, jpeg, gif, etc) will get discarded (And, FWIW, the correct resolution for the PW in 758x1024).

Can you confirm that, when it's showing nothing (the last displayed thing/page), the linkss/screensavers folder is empty?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-01-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #27
alaskazimm
alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook Touch Glow; Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@alaskazimm: Make sure you're using png files, everything else (jpg, jpeg, gif, etc) will get discarded (And, FWIW, the correct resolution for the PW in 758x1024).

Can you confirm that, when it's showing nothing (the last displayed thing/page), the linkss/screensavers folder is empty?
OK that worked (that and using the existing PW naming convention). Thank you.

Yes, when it was displaying last page, the linkss/screensavers folder was empty with all the jpegs in the discard folder.
alaskazimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@alaskazimm: Great .
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #29
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am having an issue - the ppw wont go to sleep when I close the cover. When I restart, at the bottom I see a message "checking screensavers" and then it turns on. So I close the cover, but the kindle doesn't sleep.

Hmm, I restarted again and I see my screensavers, but behind them I can see the home page.

Last edited by Pushka; 11-01-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Pushka: I suspect some stuff in your screensavers folder wasn't in the right format/size...

(That said, I suspect part of this triggers the same kind of bug that alaskazimm encountered: the hack should disable itself if it can't find anything to use as screensavers. I'm missing a few checks in that regard ).

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch