Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You wouldn't happen to know that recording artist of the same name, would you?
Err. heh. Guilty as charged.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
Any chance for Kindle Keyboard port? I've tried to launch this port with CR3 Runner, but no luck (of course). It saddens me to see al that keyboard and free 3g wasted, default browser is nearly unusable.
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
Any chance for Kindle Keyboard port? I've tried to launch this port with CR3 Runner, but no luck (of course). It saddens me to see al that keyboard and free 3g wasted, default browser is nearly unusable.
I'm hoping to look at his patches and shove this thru buildroot.

its gtk pixbuf I think so might not fly. (as I had no fun getting several of those bits to compile last time) unsure tbh. but willing to give it a go at some point. time allowing.

Last edited by twobob; 10-20-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: (as I had no fun getting several of those bits to compile last time)
Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
I don't have the device, so probably not soon…
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
seawhite
E Ink Lover
seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle DX white, Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, K4NT
wow, that's great!
Now one more reason that I need to get a touch version kindle
seawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Thanks a billions baf, very impressive piece of work indeed it is.

Does anyone know how to free up some resources on Kindles? Every time I run skipstone and just open up my gmail (that's it, just one tab), my KindleOS restarts! 4MB left for RAM.

In fact, after one restart, it automatically showed skipstone (I think it was not the whole cvm restarting but just framework restart)... And well, now it seems it is stuck in restart loop!

Anyway, thanks a lot. It just opens a lot of opportunities and fun.
When opening youtube videos, I see "O :" on top of videos. What's that?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-21-2012 at 01:42 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #22
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Thanks a billions baf, very impressive piece of work indeed it is.

Does anyone know how to free up some resources on Kindles? Every time I run skipstone and just open up my gmail (that's it, just one tab), my KindleOS restarts! 4MB left for RAM.

In fact, after one restart, it automatically showed skipstone (I think it was not the whole cvm restarting but just framework restart)... And well, now it seems it is stuck in restart loop!

Anyway, thanks a lot. It just opens a lot of opportunities and fun.
When opening youtube videos, I see "O :" on top of videos. What's that?
Your problems are caused by Gnash plugin. It needs a lot of resources on pages with complicated Flash animations. Big "0" is also Gnash bug. Disable Gnash.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #23
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
This browser would be perfect if you could zoom in and out.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #24
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
This browser would be perfect if you could zoom in and out.
skipstone/plugins/SkipZoomer.so

source bundle /skipstone-1.0.1/plugins/Zoomer/Zoomer.c

just needs building perhaps

Last edited by twobob; 10-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #25
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
I was able to establish a normal work with firmware 5.0.0

Spoiler:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
EXTENSION=/mnt/us/extensions/skipstone
#init_orientation=`/usr/bin/lipc-get-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock`
#/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock R
cd ${EXTENSION}/bin
export PATH=${EXTENSION}/bin:$PATH
#export GTK_IM_MODULE=kindle
./skipstone
#/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock ${init_orientation}

It turns out that simple. Everything works fine. Run the keyboard button which is located near the address bar.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #26
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
I was able to establish a normal work with firmware 5.0.0

Spoiler:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
EXTENSION=/mnt/us/extensions/skipstone
#init_orientation=`/usr/bin/lipc-get-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock`
#/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock R
cd ${EXTENSION}/bin
export PATH=${EXTENSION}/bin:$PATH
#export GTK_IM_MODULE=kindle
./skipstone
#/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock ${init_orientation}

It turns out that simple. Everything works fine. Run the keyboard button which is located near the address bar.

Hi. yeah work fine for me also. can't get the native browser to recognise gnash is my only problem

Last edited by twobob; 10-21-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
twobob

some shots with the app.
(last picture shows the zoom plugin button running-not-on-a-kindle)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_220.png
Views:	639
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	94575   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_221.png
Views:	633
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	94576   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_222.png
Views:	672
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	94577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_223.png
Views:	657
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	94578  

Last edited by twobob; 10-21-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: info
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Can I turn off the screen update in the application? This will improve the youtube video. Thanks for the reply.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
twobob

I pretty much gave up on youtube.

However, the games aspect intrigues me so I played with getting the mini-matchbox hooked onto some games.

: )

Lots of fun

really need a tidy Landscape mini solution now I suppose as well. will dig around for documentation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_252.png
Views:	630
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	94599   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_256.png
Views:	598
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	94600   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_257.png
Views:	559
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	94601   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_258.png
Views:	575
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	94602   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_262.png
Views:	555
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	94603   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_246.png
Views:	593
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	94604   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_245.png
Views:	575
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	94605   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_244.png
Views:	566
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	94606   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_247.png
Views:	549
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	94607   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_248.png
Views:	552
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	94608   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_249.png
Views:	566
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	94609   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_250.png
Views:	595
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	94610   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_251.png
Views:	541
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	94611   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_241.png
Views:	548
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	94612   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_242.png
Views:	524
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	94613   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_243.png
Views:	546
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	94614   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_239.png
Views:	552
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	94615   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_232.png
Views:	567
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	94616  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
wow this is amazing!
Bug? i tried to open a google document, but regardless if i created a new doc or if i tried to open an existing one, it wouldnt open and nothing happend other than a little loading box. any reason?
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch