Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
[K3] Easter eggs!

I'm going to let you see the magic I found. Others have probably found it, but I'm not sure.

for science:
Code:
/opt/eink/scripts/diags
Also, notice that /opt/eink/images has wbf files in it. I'm assuming that those are the "your kindle is broken" or "update sucessful" images. I have never seen the wbf format before... Time for some googling...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not quite as fun as GM's eink programs, but still fun. Also keep myts or a ssh session open because the script stops the framework.
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I will need to see how it stops the framework, so I can do it "correctly" in my code.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-21-2012 at 09:18 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I will need to see how it stops the framework, so I can do it "correctly" in my code.
Code:
/usr/bin/startx
also stops it, you may want to take a look at that.. I wonder why startx is on a K3 though....

EDIT: Looks like startx has been modified by amazon, but we are missing /usr/share/X11 so it wont start...

Last edited by qlob; 09-22-2012 at 01:58 PM.