Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 06:57 AM   #1966
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 View Post
Installed KUAL-v2.7.12-g9623dd8-20181108.tar.xz on my PW4 via the `;log mrpi` method.

That left a KUAL doc in my book menu. Trying to open it just gives white screen with top bar.

I also installed the screensavers hack + python, and that seems to work fine (can see the success screen on going into screensaver), but it's hard to configure that without KUAL.

https://i.imgur.com/9SyVT3C.png

Try the version here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=304
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #1967
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Thanks!
Uninstalling KUAL via KUAL-v2.7.12-g9623dd8-20181108.tar.xz left a broken KUAL doc entry.

I guess I don't care since installing the KUALBooklet-coplate-d20a095-20181108.zip made it work again properly and not duplicated, but someone who just wanted to keep KUAL removed might mind.
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #1968
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@3QVKwyNT9hR849t7: You really ought to have read the FAQ . Both of these issues are detailed in there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #1969
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
To be fair I did read the FAQ back when I was here with a PW3, for some reason it just didn't really occur to me that it would have new info, so yeah, my bad.
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #1970
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
Hello,

I got a new PW3, in addition to my Touch. Both are jailbroken with 5.6.5, both have KUAL. But on the Touch I do not have the azw3 book that opens KUAL, there I only click on the store opening KUAL. On the PW3 I have the book. Both devices have the AZW3 file in documents tough.

How can I make the book invisible? I only want to get to KUAL with the store button?
I do not remember how I did it on the touch, did that years ago.
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:18 PM   #1971
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@lordofazeroth: You're obviously confused. The final FW of the Kindle Touch is FW 5.3.7.3.

IIRC, the store button trick stopped working a crapload of time ago, I doubt you'd be able to get that working on FW 5.6.5.

if you can't see the button in the KUAL menu w/ the KUAL+extension installed, then it's unsupported on your device.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #1972
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur

Sorry, I meant Kindle, 7th generation:

WP63GW,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...8e38532213b48b

Can I still make the book invisible on the PW3?
What do you mean by button trick?

Last edited by lordofazeroth; 12-06-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #1973
NiLuJe
BLAM!

For future reference, look up this table for device names, because Amazon's marketing names are mindbogglingly unhelpful .

If you're already tweaked the store button, I'd imagine masking the KUAL Kindlet involves playing with Collections in one way or another... No idea how that works, and if you even can do it directly on FW 5.6.5. (You may have inherited that from something that could be done on earlier FW).
Old 12-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #1974
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
For future reference, look up this table for device names, because Amazon's marketing names are mindbogglingly unhelpful .
. . . . .

There are only 4 models that are referred to as "7th generation".
And then there is the model that is referred to as "4th or 5th Generation"
And then there is the disclaimer about the naming not being geographically consistent.

All you have to do is use:
Code:
If ...
Then ...
Else Maybe ...
scripting statements.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:46 AM   #1975
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur

Sorry, the model number on the amazon lists WP63GW.

I am currently at work, so I cannot take a look at the serial number

Sorry again
Old 12-07-2018, 04:21 AM   #1976
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofazeroth View Post
Sorry, the model number on the amazon lists WP63GW.

I am currently at work, so I cannot take a look at the serial number

Sorry again
You posted the above, so you have web access ...
The serial number is shown on your Amazon account "Manage Devices and Content" page.

Nobody can help you unless we know the exact model number (first six characters of the serial number).
It really does make a difference, if it did not make a difference, your serial number would be six characters shorter.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:33 AM   #1977
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur

Ok, The device I would like to get rid of the book kindle launcher (but not the KUAL menu by pressing shopping cart) is a G090G1, the device this already works is a 90C6.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #1978
NiLuJe
BLAM!

So, PW3 and KT2.

The KT2 was released on FW 5.6.0, which was post-collections shenanigans.

My best guess is you toggled the item's visibility in Home via Collections Manager?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:56 PM   #1979
tessa33
tessa33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + Wifi
KUAL installation failing using MRPI

@NiLuJe:

First of all, thank you so much for all of your work and development on jailbreaking Kindles - it is appreciated more than you know!

I got a Kindle Paperwhite (FW: 5.10.0.2, Serial G000 T610...) as an early Christmas present, and am working to Jailbreak it so that I can use Calibre's Collections Manager to manage collections. As far as I can tell, I've successfully jailbroken the Kindle (is there any way to verify this?)

I also installed Mobile Read Package Installer (per https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326) fFrom what I can tell it was just unzipping the file and copying it to the root of my Kindle.

Next, I'm trying to use ;log mrpi to install the correct KUAL package, which I found here (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=304) - it's the new coplate booklet version.

I've dragged the .bin update file into the mrpackages folder, then I go into the search bar and type in ;log mrpi

but then nothing happens. No kindle restart, nothing. No KUAL doc in My Library.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Any thoughts or guidance on next steps?

Thank you in advance for any insight you could offer!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	168459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	215
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	168460  
tessa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 AM   #1980
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa33 View Post
I got a Kindle Paperwhite (FW: 5.10.0.2, Serial G000 T610...) as an early Christmas present, and am working to Jailbreak it so that I can use Calibre's Collections Manager to manage collections. As far as I can tell, I've successfully jailbroken the Kindle (is there any way to verify this?)
Your device isn't jailbroken yet. It would have a You are Jailbroken txt file in the documents folder if jailbreak had succeeded.

Note, you're not supposed to copy the kindle-jb-factory-1.2-r15011.tar file to your Kindle directly. You need to extract that tar file first and copy main-htmlviewer.tar.gz to the Kindle root. Pretty much all the tar.xz packages on NiLuJe's snapshots, you have to extract twice on Windows if using 7-zip.

Dunno about WinRAR. I'm using an old version that doesn't support tar.xz archives.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 12-19-2018 at 01:19 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified