Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
Question any kindle system command can convert png file to gif format?

I am working on kindle showing image project,
is that possible to convert a png image to gif format image(no animation) with kindle system internal command?

if some one know about that, please give a hint , thanks!
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
I am working on kindle showing image project,
is that possible to convert a png image to gif format image(no animation) with kindle system internal command?

if some one know about that, please give a hint , thanks!
Check the screensaver add-in package.
I think it includes a copy of ImageMagick ( https://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php ).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Check the screensaver add-in package.
I think it includes a copy of ImageMagick ( https://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php ).
I tried :
convert test.png test.gif

but can not found the convert command,
imageMagick´s "convert" command not in system path?, I should run "convert" on some special path?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Try:
/mnt/us/linkss/bin/convert
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #5
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Try:
/mnt/us/linkss/bin/convert
can not find folder /mnt/us/linkss
Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
You need the screensavers package. Do you have that installed?

See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Look for the ScreenSavers Hack under packages targeting the Kindle 5.

knc1 did mention that in his post...
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:58 AM   #7
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
You need the screensavers package. Do you have that installed?

See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Look for the ScreenSavers Hack under packages targeting the Kindle 5.

knc1 did mention that in his post...
my old kv installed screensavers package, I found "convert" file in /mnt/us/linkss/bin/, and copy to my KO2 project folder, it works!

thanks Knc1 !
thanks JimmyR !

BTW : "convert" is more than 3mb
Old 11-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Statically linked libpng & libjpeg-turbo, as well as the IM plug-ins. Possibly libz too, can't remember OTOH.

It requires a few annex resources hard-coded to the screensavers hack, might not work without it installed.

Check the total size of an IM package in a random distro, it won't be much better.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-19-2018 at 11:23 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:14 AM   #9
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Statically linked libpng & libjpeg-turbo, as well as the I'm plug-ins. Possibly libz too, can't remember OTOH.

It requires a few annex resources hard-coded to the screensavers hack, might not work without it installed.

Check the total size of an IM package in a random distro, it won't be much better.
I only copied "convert" file to my project folder ,no idea why it works, maybe that is the reason it is called imageMAGIC

Tags
convert, image, kindle