Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #31
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
I confirm that now it also works with gamma set to 0.7 (that's great for kindle)! Great work

Now Gargoyle is my official IF player!

Last edited by Aeris; 09-27-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #32
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Tried Magnetic Scrolls games..
All work ok..
See screenshots..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corrupt_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:47:50.png
Views:	438
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	112337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:49:04.png
Views:	449
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	112338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guild_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:50:16.png
Views:	424
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	112339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jinxster_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:51:59.png
Views:	452
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	112340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Myth_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:53:26.png
Views:	417
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	112341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pawn_Screenshot from 2013-09-29 12:54:50.png
Views:	418
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	112342  
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #33
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Must try this out...
BTW, .dat file extension seems to be reserved for a different format. See https://code.google.com/p/garglk/sou...launcher.c#324
I think there's no way but renaming if it is in fact z-code.
Thanks, hawhill.. i made the following lookup.. shows which module runs which extension:

Old 09-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #34
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Tried Magnetic Scrolls games..
All work ok..
See screenshots..
Nasser in which format are that files of that story? Could you upload them here?
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #35
nasser
Evangelist

Get everything from here: http://msmemorial.if-legends.org/memorial.php
Enjoy..

You have to copy the .mag and .gfx files to the kindle..
Into the default location inside gargoyle's folder..

And maybe the .mp3 files too, for the kindle touch..

Last edited by twobob; 09-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #36
nasser
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
And maybe the .mp3 files too, for the kindle touch..
Just a joke.. baf has not built in sound support.. for now..
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #37
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
pfft. you just can't get the service these days...

:P
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #38
nasser
Evangelist

On to Level 9 now..
Screenshots from their "Jewels of Darkness" trilogy attached..
The graphics are a bit tiny.. maybe since the game files are the spectrum version..
Game files link: http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/...rum/level9.zip

Use only the files in the "sna" folder..

And for those who want history: http://l9memorial.if-legends.org/html/home.html
No game file downloads here, though..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Colossal_screenshot_2013_03_02T04_38_42+0531.png
Views:	379
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	112404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Advquest_screenshot_2013_03_02T04_44_29+0531.png
Views:	387
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	112405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dungeon_screenshot_2013_03_02T04_45_37+0531.png
Views:	411
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	112406  

Last edited by nasser; 09-30-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #39
nasser
Evangelist

Now to Alan..
Screenshot from "Hollywood Murders"..
Quote:
Detective story, good story and absorbing game flow..
Sounds juicy.. Philip Marlowe anyone..
Download: http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/...oodMurders.zip
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	alan_hollywood_murders_screenshot_2013_03_01T08_07_46+0531.png
Views:	381
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	112624  

Last edited by nasser; 10-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #40
cer7400
cer7400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch WiFi
hello,
it works with KT 5.1.2?
when I am trying to open a file nothing is happening...
where can I find some logs?
cer7400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:04 AM   #41
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cer7400 View Post
hello,
it works with KT 5.1.2?
when I am trying to open a file nothing is happening...
where can I find some logs?
It should work with this firmware AFAIR.
BTW why don't you upgrade?

Try to ssh to your kindle and start the app from command line. It may reveal some problems.
Go to:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/gargoyle
Run:
Code:
./bin/gargoyle
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #42
tubro
tubro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw2
How to change font

Thank you for this fantastic work, have been waiting for this forever. Now I have been trying to play Aotearoa on this and unfortunately, the Polynesian characters aren't displayed correctly. I believe this is because of the font used. I have tried to change the propfont in the config file to Linux Libertine 0 as suggested, but this doesn't seem to change anything. Any suggestions?
tubro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #43
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubro View Post
Thank you for this fantastic work, have been waiting for this forever. Now I have been trying to play Aotearoa on this and unfortunately, the Polynesian characters aren't displayed correctly. I believe this is because of the font used. I have tried to change the propfont in the config file to Linux Libertine 0 as suggested, but this doesn't seem to change anything. Any suggestions?
It works for me with Caecilia font. Add this to override default font in garglk.ini file:
Code:
[ Aotearoa.gblorb ]
propr         /usr/java/lib/fonts/Caecilia_LT_65_Medium.ttf
propi         /usr/java/lib/fonts/Caecilia_LT_66_Medium_Italic.ttf
propb         /usr/java/lib/fonts/Caecilia_LT_75_Bold.ttf
propz         /usr/java/lib/fonts/Caecilia_LT_76_Bold_Italic.ttf
monor         /usr/java/lib/fonts/KindleBlackboxRegular.ttf
monoi         /usr/java/lib/fonts/KindleBlackboxItalic.ttf
monob         /usr/java/lib/fonts/KindleBlackboxBold.ttf
monoz         /usr/java/lib/fonts/KindleBlackboxBoldItalic.ttf
monoaspect    1
It assumes your game file is named Aotearoa.gblorb.
It should also work with Libertine font, but be sure to give correct paths.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #44
tubro
tubro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw2
Awesome, thanks a lot!
tubro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #45
Manny_Belano
Manny_Belano began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (B011; K5)
First of all, thanks a lot, baf, for this excellent port. I was looking for an if interpreter for kindle and I hadn't found any. The only if game I'd played on kindle was The King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher, on a paid app for Kindle Fire (besides my kindle touch, I recently bought a Fire). But I wanted to play other text adventures, so I was googling when I found this thread. So, thanks again.

But I have a question. Until a couple of days ago I didn't know nothing about hacking a kindle, so I'm very new in this kind of things. The thing is that English isn't my first language, so I need to consult a dictionary sometimes when I play if games. And I wanted to know if it's possible to make your port of gargoyle case sensitive to the kindle dictionary or, if that isn't possible, maybe there's a way to access kindle dictionary while using gargoyle, without needing to quit the game and program. Is any of these options possible? If not, well, I guess I will have to move around with my old printed dictionary. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Manny_Belano is offline   Reply With Quote