Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #1
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Wikipedia no longer working on Kindle 3G

Now when I load Wikipedia it gives some lame "browser security" issue when I try to access it on the free Amazon 3G.

Is there a fix for this?
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
Now when I load Wikipedia it gives some lame "browser security" issue when I try to access it on the free Amazon 3G.

Is there a fix for this?
Which Kindle do you have?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I just tried this on my Paperwhite 4 with 4G and it brought me right to Wikipedia. I tried to do it on my Voyage with 3G but I wasn't able to turn off the Wifi for some reason. I restarted it a couple of times but nothing happens when I try to turn off Wifi so I can't test it on that.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I just tried this on my Paperwhite 4 with 4G and it brought me right to Wikipedia. I tried to do it on my Voyage with 3G but I wasn't able to turn off the Wifi for some reason. I restarted it a couple of times but nothing happens when I try to turn off Wifi so I can't test it on that.

Barry
Maybe you cannot turn off WiFi so you won't be using 3G while you have WiFi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post

Is there a fix for this?
With my KK 3G I get that screen even when using Wi-Fi

Until Amazon update the KK firmware I think we are stuck

Can someone who installed this year's update report?

(edit) try https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Last edited by Little.Egret; 12-15-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe you cannot turn off WiFi so you won't be using 3G while you have WiFi.
That was my point. I can't turn off the Wifi so I can test Wikipedia on 3G. However it did work on my new Paperwhite.

My Voyage is getting very finicky for some reason. I've been trying to find a neighbor who wants it.

Barry
Old 12-16-2019, 07:54 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
That was my point. I can't turn off the Wifi so I can test Wikipedia on 3G. However it did work on my new Paperwhite.

My Voyage is getting very finicky for some reason. I've been trying to find a neighbor who wants it.

Barry
You can't turn off your wifi router?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Wikipedia turned on https awhile back. There was also an update awhile back to refresh Kindle SSL certs (including K1). I don’t know if those things are related to the problem you’re seeing, but if you have bookmark of http://www.wikipedia.org, then you might try changing it to https:....
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
You can't turn off your wifi router?
I can but I have a lan and lots of stuff going on that would get interrupted.

Barry