Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Question What are the nicest looking fonts you think would look good on the koreader?

Any suggestions? Maybe Amazon's bookerly?
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I like Tex Gyre Pagella (URW Palladio L/Palatino).

http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/texgyrepagella/
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Having been raised on Kindles, I've kind of grown fond of Serif Slabs, so, yeah, I tend to stick to Bookerly.

I sometimes used Museo before Bookerly came out.

Otherwise, on high-dpi devices, I'm sometimes going with very serif-fy stuff like Crimson Text/Gentium Book/Palatino or a nice Garamond (i.e., one from Adobe).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Also Literata, Literata Book, PT Serif and Source Serif Pro are well rendered in KOReader.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Huh. I'd missed the open-source release of Literata, so I wasn't aware of the Book version. (I ended up being less than enthused with the Print variant ripped from Android. The Book one appears to use some tighter metrics so I guess we'll see .).
Advert
Old 04-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not a fan, but it's better than the Droid fonts anyway.

(Not like any of them are bad or anything.)
Old 04-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I downloaded my Literata from the following. I'm not sure if this is the best place to get it from.

https://github.com/googlefonts/liter...iverables/OTFs
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, that's the open-source release w/ a "Literata Book" variant I was talking about.

Before that, I was ripping it out of my Android devices via adb or something, I don't even remember xD, but that one is/was the "Print" version: "Literata".
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #9
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Linux Libertine is very nice!
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

Oh yeah, i quite like Libertine. Pity it has a lot fewer glyphs of FreeSerif, let alone Noto Serif. But I suppose in theory we could always opt to default to e.g. Libertine as long as we have a Noto fallback.

Last edited by Frenzie; 04-13-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I use karma!
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #12
warface9991
Connoisseur
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yup, that's the open-source release w/ a "Literata Book" variant I was talking about.

Before that, I was ripping it out of my Android devices via adb or something, I don't even remember xD, but that one is/was the "Print" version: "Literata".
Can we find "literata book" of e-book friendly in any way? I downloaded it from this site: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/literata-book
And from this link:https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/d.../literata-book
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It pretty much never was intended for eInk, as it was commissioned by Google for Play Books and modern Android devices.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #14
warface9991
Connoisseur
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It pretty much never was intended for eInk, as it was commissioned by Google for Play Books and modern Android devices.
Which font do you recommend to use in e-ink readers? I'm new to this area. Thanks in advance
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #15
crudepatchwork
crudepatchwork began at the beginning.

Device: Bq Cervantes 3
I use Bitter on my Cervantes (https://www.huertatipografica.com/en/fonts/bitter-ht). Alregreya from the same foundry is also up my alley (https://www.huertatipografica.com/en...legreya-ht-pro), and Amazon's Bookerly looks good too.
crudepatchwork is offline   Reply With Quote