Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
craneOnCalibre
craneOnCalibre began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Thumbs down Can No Longer Drag to Tag

I've just updated to 4.2. I notice that I can no longer drag one or more rows to my tags in the left column.

Use Case
1. Expand all my tags/metadata in the left pane. See my "tags".
2. Look at the rows in the main pane. Select one or more (ctrl/cmd).
3. Drag from main pane to a specific tag in the left pane.

I used to be able to do this. Now I cannot. Instead, as I mouse, I just end up selecting more rows (e.g., if I mouse down). I can mouse all I like, but I'm not seeing any indication that things are going to be tagged (e.g., plus sign). And when I let go of the mouse button, the tag has not been applied. I also tried in the opposite direction, i.e., drag a tag over to the row.

This is something I do often and the missing drag/tag ability really breaks my workflow.
craneOnCalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which platform Windows, MacOS or Linux

Works for me on Windows 10 64 bit 1903

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1851060
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
craneOnCalibre
craneOnCalibre began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Interesting. Yes, I am on Mac, but I'm not on Catalina yet.

I've rolled back to a 3.x version of Calibre in the meantime. I cannot be without drag-and-tag.
craneOnCalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by craneOnCalibre View Post
Interesting. Yes, I am on Mac, but I'm not on Catalina yet.

I've rolled back to a 3.x version of Calibre in the meantime. I cannot be without drag-and-tag.
It was one of the fixes in the version released today.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote