Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #1
Argon
Enthusiast
Argon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
How does new member post moderation work?

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, I couldn't find anything in the Guidelines or FAQ.

When I recently replied to a thread, I got a message that my post is awaiting moderation. Is that moderation by a real live admin, or is that an automatic filter? I would hate for the work I spent in formatting it to go to waste. Is there a way to be notified when a post I make is approved?

Thanks!
Argon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Us humans look at them and approve those that look good (meet forum guidelines).
This gan be done at the Forum level: Names at the bottom of the Topics main page.
or
By a 'Greenie' (Board level mod)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism in place to notify you when a moderated post you've made gets approved. But we monitor the moderation queue pretty closely to make sure posts don't languish there too long.

Placing a new member's post in moderation is typically done by an automated algorithm (though posts will also occasionally be manually moderated while discussion takes place among editors/moderators).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote